A couple of pics after some gear purchase..

BillM

Picked up a Canon Rebel XS, Canon 70-200 f4/L non-is telephoto, EF 50mm F1.8 II (nifty fifty) and some other random stuff (bags, tripod etc)... Here are a few of the better pics (I think) I've taken... Definitely addicting!

5068640118_de75abb603.jpg

Dragonfly in the woods. by lnxguycsi, on Flickr

5068635316_d143644b8d.jpg

Barrie countryside sunset by lnxguycsi, on Flickr

5068629684_8101d40c67.jpg

Bald eagle by lnxguycsi, on Flickr

And a nice resident I picked up right before the close..

5122201718_3295526bb6.jpg

Upper Credit brownie by lnxguycsi, on Flickr

That L glass sure produces some sweet shots!

Did you get the lens used?

Nope, bought it new along with a 4 year replacement warranty.. Best thing about L glass is you don't take to much of a hit when selling it. It really holds its value.

Nope, bought it new along with a 4 year replacement warranty.. Best thing about L glass is you don't take to much of a hit when selling it. It really holds its value.

Yeah...they really do hold their value.

Isn't it a pain to carry around on the rivers though?

I stick my Canon T2i in my waders and for the most part, only have the nifty fifty on. Compact and doesn't feel uncomfortable on the river.

My DSLR hasn't made a river trip yet (Sans the small water like the Upper Credit).. I just don't trust myself, lol. I've ordered up a AquaPac so I can at least bring along the body with the nifty fifty and kit lens and keep it completely dry. No way the L lens will fit into the waterproof casing, but that's ok, it should be great for fish pics!

My DSLR hasn't made a river trip yet (Sans the small water like the Upper Credit).. I just don't trust myself, lol. I've ordered up a AquaPac so I can at least bring along the body with the nifty fifty and kit lens and keep it completely dry. No way the L lens will fit into the waterproof casing, but that's ok, it should be great for fish pics!

If you’re going the aquapac route, I’m definitely interested in seeing the results. Especially for the price. Currently thinking of getting a waterproof bag/case from EWA Marine - Vistek sells them in Canada but for way more than B&H in the states (I'm hoping UPS doesn't ship it). Pricey things but the results seem quite impressive for a ‘ziplock’ bag.

I usually dunk 1-2 cameras per season...Even destroyed an Olympus waterproof/shockproof one :(