Crestliner Fishhawk 1600SC

Markd

I bought a 1600 Angler (SC) a couple years ago. I don't know if it differs much from the FishHawk, but I couldn't be happier with the boat. Real solid feeling on the water and I love the smooth lines of the welded hull.

I bought the boat (showroom model, hull only, no motor, no trailer) from White Water Marine (since gone out of business) for $7700 in the spring of 2005. I believe it is a 2004 model. What price are they asking for the FishHawk?

My opinion, can't go wrong with a Crestliner...

http://www.michiganboats.net/213214.html

I know some guys on the board have older model Crestliners, I have looked at them but bigger. They were on the top of my list for a new boat. Seem well made, fit and finish was good, a good floor plan.

50 hp on that boat maybe a bit under powered. Just me but I would want a 75 at least if it is rated for it, wide for it`s size.

My cottage neighbor has the 2003/04 model.

I have fished out of it many times, its a very nice boat and he has had no complaints. He runs a Honda 50hp 4banger and its not a speed boat but cruises the water very well.

In that price range you many options, including my fav the Lowe Fishing Machine 165, or the G3 yammy boats.

I don't see how you could go wrong with that boat, unless you get the one-foot-itus.

When I bought last year i had narrowed it down to the Crestliner 16 fish hawk and the Alumacraft Navigator 165 when the final decision was made i went with Alumacraft because of the full windshield,the Alumacraft was a little longer and 5" wider on the beam and it had a riveted hull which was important to me.

Given that most boats in that price range are very similar in what they offer feature wise i think hull/warranty should be on the top of your list when doing your research for me personally i wanted to stay away from a welded hull after reseaching welded hulls i decided riveted was the way go i just read to many horror stories about welded hulls that is not to say all welded hulls are bad and will crack but if you do get one that cracks it seems like a nightmare to get it fixed properly. A boat with a cracked hull usually spends more time in the repair shop than it does the water.