More Hockey talk(NF)

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Man the leafs looked a little tired! They didn't pick it up until the third(Thats two games in a row).

They got outshot for the first time. Even though the ranger defense was blocking shots galore.

The only reason we didn't smoke the Rangers last game was one word. Lundqvist. We should have ate them with their back up goalie. They don't even have Drury!

The two goals scored by the rangers were a result of weak man to man coverage. As I stated before. The defense have to play the body more. They were walking into our endzone with ease. We couldn't get into their endzone because their defense men would get physical at the blueline.

Thats why our powerplay is having a hard time setting up. But once they do, it looks good. They just have to work on the onetimers. Not enough shots or opportunities(Rebounds).

We have to start mixing up the lines. Did I hear correct on the TV? Versteeg was on the 3rd line in Chicago?

The Leafs were 4-0-0 with Gunnarsson, and since Lebda has played they are 0-1-1.

Lebda took the goaltender interference call that led to the overtime loss against NYI (even though it was a pretty weak call), and he had some pretty bad moments last night were he didn't clear pucks, pinched at a bad time, or just didn't finish his checking assignment.

i agree with you lebda is not looking good at all. I am getting frustrated watching him play he makes poor decisions and takes untimely penalties.

Guest Johnny Bass

i agree with you lebda is not looking good at all. I am getting frustrated watching him play he makes poor decisions and takes untimely penalties.

Funny how you guys should mention that. My brother, and he watches hockey religiously(Not only leafs but every single game). And he said the same thing.

I dont know what the heck he was doing on the ice in overtime to begin with!Thats Wilson's error. You cant really blame the kid for a bad ref call. And he did get another stupid penalty yesterday.The guy is just an average bottom of the barrel, NHL'er.....

But with what I seen? You cant blame one guy. You have to blame the team......

poor defensive play by the leafs tonight. way too many odd man rushes given up on bad pinches by the defensemen i noticed that against the rangers as well, last three games have been hard to watch. Has me thinking what if those first four games were just a fluke.

Man the leafs looked a little tired! They didn't pick it up until the third(Thats two games in a row).

We have to start mixing up the lines. Did I hear correct on the TV? Versteeg was on the 3rd line in Chicago?

One of the announcers made what might be an important observation last night about Versteeg. He averaged 5 minutes less per game with Chicago. Factor that in with the increased presssure on him to play to first line expectations and it might help to explain why he's struggling. Or maybe it's just another lame excuse. I dunno.

JF

Bwahhahahahhah....aaaaaaaaahhahahhahahah..ohohoh.....hahahahahaha...bwahahahahhahahahahah....

I'm crying here....bwahahahahahhahah... :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

This thread is sooooooo good I'm going to copy and frame it and hang it on my office wall.....bwahahahahhaha

what happened to the parade?????????????? :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Guest Johnny Bass

Wilson noticed it too. Lebda is sitting out tonight; Gunnarsson is in.

Gunnarson didn't prove any better. He played the puck and got burned twice, and Phaneuf? Whats his plus minus now? Not playing the body is to blame for almost(if not every) goal.

We're gonna make the playoffs. We just have to make a few adjustments. Wilson's gonna go soon, and Phaneuf has to learn to play the body. He does have a good one timer though.

Musky Matt. What place are your Senators in again, in our division? Oh ya. LAST!!!LOL Where are the leafs? FIRST! :whistling:

We should beat Florida but Boston will decide what kind of a team we are.

We're gonna make the playoffs. We just have to make a few adjustments.

Musky Matt. What place are your Senators in again, in our division? Oh ya. LAST!!!

Make the playoffs.... :clapping::clapping::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: you keep telling yourself that :sarcasm:

Senators....yeah they are awful right now but I can admit that and not expect them to win the cup 4 games into the season... :rolleyes::blahblah1:

Beat Florida.... :rofl2::rofl2: ...who can't??? :rofl2:

Boston will decide cause they have your top picks.... :rofl2::rofl2:

:rofl2::w00t:

Guest Johnny Bass

Make the playoffs.... :clapping::clapping::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: you keep telling yourself that :sarcasm:

Senators....yeah they are awful right now but I can admit that and not expect them to win the cup 4 games into the season... :rolleyes::blahblah1:

Beat Florida.... :rofl2::rofl2: ...who can't??? :rofl2:

Boston will decide cause they have your top picks.... :rofl2::rofl2:

:rofl2::w00t:

LOL Like I said. We will see come playoff time! And no one was planning the cup parade. We're in the process of rebuilding.

As far as Boston? We will see how that trade works out! So far Kessel's got 6 goals! He's gonna have more goals then the entire first line of the Senators.LOL

LOL Like I said. We will see come playoff time! And no one was planning the cup parade. We're in the process of rebuilding.

As far as Boston? We will see how that trade works out! So far Kessel's got 6 goals! He's gonna have more goals then the entire first line of the Senators.LOL

Yeah Macarthur has 6 goals, Kessels has 6 goals and the rest of the team has 8 goals...good luck with that! :dunno:

How many did Macarthur get the last 2 games??

Gunnarson didn't prove any better. He played the puck and got burned twice, and Phaneuf? Whats his plus minus now? Not playing the body is to blame for almost(if not every) goal.

We're gonna make the playoffs. We just have to make a few adjustments. Wilson's gonna go soon, and Phaneuf has to learn to play the body. He does have a good one timer though.

Musky Matt. What place are your Senators in again, in our division? Oh ya. LAST!!!LOL Where are the leafs? FIRST! :whistling:

I would not take Florida lightly, but you can take the Sens lightly!!!

Sorry MM I couldn`t resist! :clapping:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Guest Johnny Bass

Yeah Macarthur has 6 goals, Kessels has 6 goals and the rest of the team has 8 goals...good luck with that! :dunno:

How many did Macarthur get the last 2 games??

I didn't mention Macarthur but he is already doing way beyond what was expected of him. I expect Kaberle, Phaneuf, Armstrong, Kulimen, Vertseeg, and Grabovski to pick up their scoring. We need to mix up the lines.

Only time will tell!

musky matt im getting sick and tired of your chirping if your going to chirp a team make sure your team is doing better before you go and run your mouth.

Thank you

Not gonna happen...sorry! :w00t:

no matter how bad the sens are doing I'll still irk the forever irkfull laff fans... :P

40 years of sucking deservers razzing.....on any level...

:blink: