Snagger

fishinguypat

What a dick. He is so proud of himself. I would seriously think of tipping a guy like him if I was there.

Yeah well you'd have to tip everyone in then 'cause pretty much everyone blatantly snags there LOL!

I'm going to tell you guys a story about the NY DEC.

I was there last year and witnessed this first hand.

First off as mentioned snaggers are EVERYWHERE.

Someone I know caught 2 female salmon completely legit, stripped them and released them unharmed.

Someone in the gauntlet of rubes called the DEC and they came specifically to intercept this person.

He was apprehended in the parking lot and asked to produce a license which he did.

The officers chided him for not keeping and killing the 2 hen salmon. Apparantly unlike in ON stripping fish is illegal. (In ON the eggs from said fish go towards your daily limit).

The guy goes on to say he understands no one really wants to eat them (they're black and rotting).

Said next time kill the fish and leave the eggs in it. When you get to your vehicle remove the eggs THEN IF YOU DON'T WANT THE FISH THROW IT IN ONE OF THE TRASH CANS.

He got a ticket for illegal disposal of game fish. What he suggested is the LITERAL definition of illegal disposal of game fish where I'm from LOL!

If the fish are stripped and released they at least have a CHANCE at survival. A heck of a lot better chance than dead in the garbage LOL!

This person asks the DEC officer what about all the people blatantly snagging? Why pick on him? No real answer to that unfortunately.

It's just a HORRIBLE place to fish especially when the DEC literally condones what's happening.

(BTW this person isn't me, but it is a board member who shall remain anonymous. :) )

ok

I don't know where or what country that was snagged in..is snagging illegal there

I don't understand the pop-can tab...does that mean he meant to snag it or was it an accidental snag....I really don't know the answers to these questions

EDIT:

LOL I see my questions were answered as I was typing this

Edited by Terry

Guest gbfisher

Yeah well you'd have to tip everyone in then 'cause pretty much everyone blatantly snags there LOL!

I'm going to tell you guys a story about the NY DEC.

I was there last year and witnessed this first hand.

First off as mentioned snaggers are EVERYWHERE.

Someone I know caught 2 female salmon completely legit, stripped them and released them unharmed.

Someone in the gauntlet of rubes called the DEC and they came specifically to intercept this person.

He was apprehended in the parking lot and asked to produce a license which he did.

The officers chided him for not keeping and killing the 2 hen salmon. Apparantly unlike in ON stripping fish is illegal. (In ON the eggs from said fish go towards your daily limit).

The guy goes on to say he understands no one really wants to eat them (they're black and rotting).

Said next time kill the fish and leave the eggs in it. When you get to your vehicle remove the eggs THEN IF YOU DON'T WANT THE FISH THROW IT IN ONE OF THE TRASH CANS.

He got a ticket for illegal disposal of game fish. What he suggested is the LITERAL definition of illegal disposal of game fish where I'm from LOL!

If the fish are stripped and released they at least have a CHANCE at survival. A heck of a lot better chance than dead in the garbage LOL!

This person asks the DEC officer what about all the people blatantly snagging? Why pick on him? No real answer to that unfortunately.

It's just a HORRIBLE place to fish especially when the DEC literally condones what's happening.

(BTW this person isn't me, but it is a board member who shall remain anonymous. :) )

And here I thought that our MNR were hard to deal with. Having to defend yourself against a bogus charge is beyond me. Guess it's the same hard headed Bull we all have to deal with on both sides of the boarder when it comes to authority over stepping their bounds.

I wonder who that OFC member was..... :lol:

OK I feel like a complete moron asking this question, but what the hell:

Why do people take the eggs from salmon? Is it just to use for bait? That just seems so ironic to me that people catch a fish to get bait to catch a fish. Or are they eating them? I know that alot of eggs come out of a fish, so how long would that last as bait? Can you freeze it for next year?

Sorry but i dont get it.

OK I feel like a complete moron asking this question, but what the hell:

Why do people take the eggs from salmon? Is it just to use for bait? That just seems so ironic to me that people catch a fish to get bait to catch a fish. Or are they eating them? I know that alot of eggs come out of a fish, so how long would that last as bait? Can you freeze it for next year?

Sorry but i dont get it.

Actually, I spoke to friend recently! His neighbour cooks the fish and with the eggs, makes caviar for the family!Mind you I have seen or tried it!