Stolen plates

16sailor

Well took the boat up to my cousins place and when I went to undo the straps relized my plates were gone Someone has stolen them it was either in picton last weekend or in my driveway (grafton) this week how annoying they dint even leave my bolts those cheap buggers

Sorry just venting just find it really frustrating

Make sure you get a police report "paper copy" just in case the thieves drive on the 407. If you don't, you'll be responsible for the bill. My son learned that the $800.00 hard way :o:(

Joey

i too learned the hard way,i had a plated trailer 0ver 20 years ago now, and left it at a place i used ta work(just plain forgot it)i had it there getting some welding done,i think they junked it,then 2 years ago i get a bill from the 407 lol not ever being on it i called the police to see if it was real or not lol

he ran the plate and said it was almost a 20 year old plate and yes it was mine,i called and reported it to the 407 folks and they threw the bill out.

if i remember right you have ta go to the lic place first and report it then the police

Hawg Hunter

if i remember right you have ta go to the lic place first and report it then the police

Hawg Hunter

I'm sure you have the last part backwards, you have to get the pink sheet for loss/theft report from your local PD with a report or incident number, then go to MTO, I've filled out a number of them over the year.

I'm sure you have the last part backwards, you have to get the pink sheet for loss/theft report from your local PD with a report or incident number, then go to MTO, I've filled out a number of them over the year.

Yup, all you have to do is walk in, have a report made, get the mto form filled out and signed and bring it to the mto. Happens to plenty of people.

i called and reported it to the 407 folks and they threw the bill out.

Hawg Hunter

Well you are very lucky, they would not throw my son's out and interest just kept accumulating the more we fought it. I finally had to pay it and my son paid me back in installments.

Man...that's brutal!

I HATE PUNKS!

Someone can't use a trailer plate on their car on the 407, can they??

They can certainly use it on another trailer (which is obviously their intention), and the camera on the 407 takes a pic of it and bills you. Sometimes the trailer obscures the view of the car plate so only the trailer plate gets photographed and billed.

Make sure you get a police report "paper copy" just in case the thieves drive on the 407. If you don't, you'll be responsible for the bill. My son learned that the $800.00 hard way :o:(

Joey

wait, you are getting a bill from the 407 for the trailer? 4+ years, and i haven't seen a bill!

wait, you are getting a bill from the 407 for the trailer? 4+ years, and i haven't seen a bill!

Yes, I get a bill, but I have a transponder so I have to call each time and tell them the truck plate so they can cancel it.

Well took the boat up to my cousins place and when I went to undo the straps relized my plates were gone Someone has stolen them it was either in picton last weekend or in my driveway (grafton) this week how annoying they dint even leave my bolts those cheap buggers

Sorry just venting just find it really frustrating

Exact thing just happened to me, but fortunately I had another plate(from my old trailer) so I went to the MTO paid the $10 and transferred it over at least I can go fishing this wknd, will do the police report when I have time.