Shore casting ?

splashhopper

As I am sitting here contemplating my fishing plans for the weekend, I know of two places that I can fish all night and have a fire on the beach as well.

I have never tried shore casting in to the waves.

I have a couple of rods that should handle it though.

A 13 ft and a 10.ft

I am thinking I could put my old shimano 2500 on either of them and bomb a drop shot type set up out there near the mouth of the rivers.

If anyone has any suggestions or pictures or links to help, I would appreciate them.

Thanks

Splashhopper

If your talking about the nine mile I have spent many nights there fishing a few years back. We had some excellent success for bows just casting roe bags and dew worms out in the lake at the mouth at night. We use to use floaters in the roe bags or blow up the dewys. We used a 1/2 oz egg sinker and a couple no.4 split shots. Use the split shots as stoppers spaced about 14-16 inches apart with the egg sinker in the middle(able to slide between the shots) and then about 18 inches from the bottom split shot to a no.10 egg hook. Sit back enjoy the fire and wait. You also might want to bring some of those glow sticks that clip to your rod end to watch for pick ups.

you dont necessarily have to cast that far out as long as its in the stream of the outflow of the river...ive caught them almost right on shore in the night time on the nine mile...take note to the direction of the current and fish on that side of the river ...i used to love fishing all night down there ...good luck if thats where your going Ron..but i would be more inclined in chucking rattlin raps in the river or in the outflow on the lake

Hey Splash...Before I was given a real carp rod and baitrunner reel This was the set-up I used fishing from shore with my 7 ft. Ugli Stik and Zebco salt water reel (sort of like fishin' the surf):

A horshoe-pitchin' stake, pvc pipe and a mallet to drive in stake

Slip the pipe over the stake

insert rod handle in pipe and back off drag

I let a good sized carp go for a very long run and no way could it have moved the rod out of the holder...

Another alternative would be to use adjustable bank stix that you can buy at most tackle stores...

Edited by Beans