smallies, specs and steelies

timmeh

Haven't had as much time as I'd like to get out over the past little while due to other commitments, and sundays are a real decision between fishing and football, but I've managed to find a few fish.

Only made it out once for some late season specks and while picking up a few, the big guys I was hoping for didn't come out to play. Still fun nonetheless, nice colours as always.

DSCF2200.jpg

DSCF2199.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

Decided to try out some new water I'd been wanting to for a while, and despite the erratic weather lately managed a few nice smallies.

My attempt at a decent solo shot..

DSCF2202.jpg

My camera is not the best for shots like that so I decided to make use of the underwater feature...

DSCF2190.jpg

DSCF2184.jpg

DSCF2197.jpg

DSCF2160.jpg

DSCF2182.jpg

And with the recent rains decided to hit the tribs for some steelie action. Wasn't sure what to expect as the rivers were obviously crowded but still landed 6 fish, while losing about that many. Half the fish were just shakers and a few bigger ones were mixed in. Didn't hook anything huge but just about every fish put on an aerial show. Love the energy of these early season fish. Also lots of smolts around, which while annoying at times, are a nice sign for the future.

Not many pics as my camera batteries died pretty early unfortunately :wallbash: but here's one of the littler guys.

DSCF2216.jpg

Also saw a few chinnies making their move upstream. Nice to see they passed through snagger city. Camera was already dead so I couldn't get a pic but one of the chinnies was a real beast, possibly upwards of 20 lbs. Here's a smaller one instead...

DSCF2219.jpg

Edited by timmeh