treasure hunts....nf

smally21

i spend alot of time at home with the kids. an interesting part of each day are the 'treasure hunts' - you know, all 4 pairs of kids shoes are in my wifes car, the sunscreen found its way into the liquor cabinet? etc. so to keep our sanity around the place i pretend these frustrating last minute searches are treasure hunts and get the kids on it. here is the latest, i had to take a pic. went thru sons sock drawer 5 minutes before school.....

006.jpg

almost defies logic, not a pair in the bunch.im sure we've all been there. carry on.

Smallie just do as I did when children were small and wife worked early leaveing me to the take to school chore , I just matched them up , darks and lights , two dark socks ie blue black etc. or two light ,whites greys etc. it worked for us . But still its weird that somewhere Im sure in all peoples homes is some kind of sock monster that hoards one of a kind socks lmao , one of those things that we may never be able to explain , put a man on the moon but explain where all the odd socks in the world are DUHHHHH!!!!. lol

Do you have a cat? Our old cat WAS the sock alien. Years of frustration blaming the kids and Debbe too... who does the laundry... for losing socks. Then we go to replace an old couch down stairs in the family room and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD we find the elephant graveyard of socks stuffed in under the couch where the cat used to sleep/hide alot.

The upside....I got enough work socks now to last me until I retire :thumbsup_anim:

We have a cat maybe I should stake him out and get back all those socks . Want to know whats worse than socks , I ,my son and my daughter and wife play guitars and banjos etc.,pretty well anything that has strings , never could figger out things ya got to blow in , Every time Im near a music store I buy picks , two dozen at a time been doing this for years , must have bought well over 1,000 maybe over the years 10,000. DO YA THINK I can ever find a guitar pick when I want one ??????? some where in my house (lived in same house 33 years ) there has to be a room I dont knowabout and its full , I mean FULLL of guitar picks , (Im sure the socks are there too ) follow the cat you say, wheres that trail cam I got on sale ..

Every time Im near a music store I buy picks , two dozen at a time been doing this for years , must have bought well over 1,000 maybe over the years 10,000. DO YA THINK I can ever find a guitar pick when I want one ??????? some where in my house (lived in same house 33 years ) there has to be a room I dont knowabout and its full , I mean FULLL of guitar picks , (Im sure the socks are there too ) follow the cat you say, wheres that trail cam I got on sale ..

Thx for that Capt Bruce...got a good chuckle out of that :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Boy looking at all those little socks brings back memories.I am inthe same boat (pardon the pun)spending alot of time with the kids.It quickly progressed to pens,they either dissapear completely or someone mysteriously drains all the ink from them overnightunsure.gif

Boy looking at all those little socks brings back memories.I am inthe same boat (pardon the pun)spending alot of time with the kids.It quickly progressed to pens,they either dissapear completely or someone mysteriously drains all the ink from them overnightunsure.gif

Pens with no ink made me think... about something critically important I should pass on to parents with young kids, and I can't stress this enough.

Sit down with them as often as you can when they are still young and MIGHT listen...and impress upon then how vitally important it is to change the roll of toilet paper when it is finished. Get the message across when they are still pottie training...it's your only hope.