My Boq Report

Joey

Very nice, joey. Thanks for taking the time to post such a wonderful report. I guess.

I had a great time fishing with Emil, that guy is hardcore, a man with a mission. It was great as always to meet again with good friends, and even to catch some fish. My fish was a beauty, we guessed about 31 in. Unfortunately, it was a little too big for Emil's net, and was in a great hurry to get back in the water. In the end, the only thing I lost was a photo or two.

Emil and I found that both the long lines and planer boards worked, as well as a variety of colours and sizes. The trick was to locate the fish that were hanging around the schools of baitfish. These were around 25 - 30 down, in anywhere from 40 to 100 fow.

Back to joey's pictures, I think my OFC toque makes me look fat. As for my position on the dock, I think I was tieing up your boat on your return on Saturday. See Tybo in the foreground? Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend, a fitting end to a great softwater season. Cheers!

Edited by douG

It was nice to meet you as well Joey! I enjoyed myself around the fire, shooting the poop and trying to talk... my voice came back on Sunday, much to the chagrin of my wife, when I got home :unsure:

As usual, I have a great time passing the time with FishnSled and meeting and fishing with Terry and learned alot just shooting the poop!

A little disapointed in the results from our fishing efforts... by the look of the two fish that came up when it was my turn to reel in, I'd say I shoulda brought a white bucket! Both were eatin size!

We had a number of fish that were a little worse for wear after bringing them in. Hooks in places that can damage the fish. We kept these fish in the live well to see if they were going to make it or not, happily, they all pulled through.

I'm pretty sure though, that the floater with the lamprey on it, we tried to revive it, (we saw it floating as we were moving to another spot) wasn't gonna make it. I'm also a little disappointed seeing those guys in the fish cleaning hut, Saturday night, exercising their "right" to slaughter 4 huge hens. After a brief chat, I realized that I wasn't gonna change many years of "experience", by talkin to these guys. What's interesting though, is that when I asked them if they have big fish like these back in their "home waters" they said no, we don't. They didn't really like when I told them that if they and others like them, kept keeping 12lb pound + fish, we won't have they any more either!

Good to meet Tybo as well, apparently we have crossed paths at Quinte in the past. Briefly met Irishfield, chatted with Biteme, Percher and as always, Doug (not that there's anything TERRIBLY wrong with that!!!) Roy a pleasure as always! Looking forward to the next GTG, and meeting and laughing with more OFC'ERs!

HH (aka -The Fish Whisperer)

Edited by Headhunter