First Salmon this year

MillerPhoto

Caught my first salmon this year, havn't had much time to get out the past few years..

Was only looking to catch a few Steelhead that were 2-3lbs for a good dinner, and ended up with this 38" Salmon! lol

I'd assume where youre fishing, the limit is only 2 steelhead, with a sports licence. Make sure you know the regs.

A nice salmon though, now thats a MEAL!

Thanks for the heads up, but I know the regs pretty well, as I study them since I travel alot around Ontario and always have my gear with me..

I do have the sports licence, and even if the limit was 5... I still only wanted 2... lol

I'd assume where youre fishing, the limit is only 2 steelhead, with a sports licence. Make sure you know the regs.

A nice salmon though, now thats a MEAL!

For those wondering.. lol No i didn't eat her, I took her home cause she was full of eggs and I have been out for nearly 5 years.. I got alot of eggs out of her.. I was going to take a couple filets to cut up into a fish stew, since it will tenderize it alot. But she had a tumor in her the size of a golf ball so she unfortunatly had to take the black bag trip to fish heaven.. lol

As for the eggs, they were in the Skein pretty good, took about 3 hours but when finished.. every single egg was lose, rinsed well, cured, and ready to go!

Those are the Tall mason jars.. when I took the eggs out of the fish the two Skeins of eggs over flowed a 1.5L icecream pail!

fish eggs.jpg

Edited by Miller Photo

Thanks for the heads up, but I know the regs pretty well, as I study them since I travel alot around Ontario and always have my gear with me..

I do have the sports licence, and even if the limit was 5... I still only wanted 2... lol

Limit isn't 5 in the tribs..

The more you know.

If you read the post you would see where it had a tumor... Doesn't matter how big or small, if theres something like that INSIDE the fish, there is no way in hell im going to eat it.. The original plan was to eat the fish in a few stew.. Follow the posts before you post a reply!

I thought if you kept the fish you had to eat it. You cant just keep the roe and throw away the fish. You cant let fish spoil!!!

As I said... "EVEN" if the limit was 5.. I know the limit is not 5 for where I was fishing.. Wow people really need to read before they reply!! I understand why now so many arguments are started on these forums! If your going to reply to a topic.. read ALL the posts and follow up posts please!!

Limit isn't 5 in the tribs..

The more you know.

Don't worry Miller Photo, your going to have to ignore these replies. This is the way a lot of the posts have been going lately. If this thread continues it will be locked down too.

It really is feeling like the Toronto "Zoo" fishing board, and that is sad.

Tom.

Yeah, so I have noticed.. Im getting to the point where I don't even want to be a part of this community anymore..

If it does continue I will delete my profile, and stop refering people to this site, which I am finding Im doing on almost a weekly basis cause it used to be a good board for questions, answers, and tips and info.. now everyone wants to keep everything to them selves and not share any info, or hottest new product they have tried.. etc.. etc.. etc..

Don't worry Miller Photo, your going to have to ignore these replies. This is the way a lot of the posts have been going lately. If this thread continues it will be locked down too.

It really is feeling like the Toronto "Zoo" fishing board, and that is sad.

Tom.