MAJOR, MAJOR, PET PEEVE!!!

bigbuck

They kept a sub legal fish????

That is very important to point out that the size limit is 44" for musky on Zone 17(Kawarthas)

this year. Also the season is extended to Dec. 15th for musky and bass as well.

One walleye with conservation license between 35-50 cm, 4 with a sport license. Walleye closes on Nov. 15th.

I dont fish muskies, but have a pair of small bolt cutters in my box... once you've had a hook in your hand, you wont make that mistake twice.

...hand, neck, leg, arm...the list goes on.

Are you for real? Honestly? I would have risked smashing my propeller and everything else to help the guy if I could, as I would want someone to help me out in that same situation. Having 2 big treble hooks stuck in you is no picnic!

This guy could have lost his hand/bled to death and you guys are worried about the fish??Unbeleivable!

Here on OFC we try to educate people as much as we can but not everyone is a pro and as knowledgable about musky fishing as they should be. These accidents happen and they shouldn't be punished for not knowing.

Good on you for helping out. Hope the guy is ok.

P.S. I dont know why most hardcore Musky tackle shops dont carry knipex bolt cutters and mention to the customers that are buying big baits that they should own one.

Well said.

Are you for real? Honestly? I would have risked smashing my propeller and everything else to help the guy if I could, as I would want someone to help me out in that same situation. Having 2 big treble hooks stuck in you is no picnic!

This guy could have lost his hand/bled to death and you guys are worried about the fish??Unbeleivable!

Here on OFC we try to educate people as much as we can but not everyone is a pro and as knowledgable about musky fishing as they should be. These accidents happen and they shouldn't be punished for not knowing.

Good on you for helping out. Hope the guy is ok.

P.S. I dont know why most hardcore Musky tackle shops dont carry knipex bolt cutters and mention to the customers that are buying big baits that they should own one.

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

bravo !!!!

when we are on the water,we are obliged to assist anyone requesting assistance as long as it does not put us at risk of bodily harm.I sure hope that if i am in an emergency situation someone like you will be close by.as for the muskie, i know right from wrong,but i don't know what a believer lure is,so i'm not sure if mushy is what they were after.I won't comment on that.All i know is sometimes you don't catch what you're looking for.I have caught some surprising things bass fishing. 8 lb pike, sheapshead,perch pumpkin seed and even a 27" walleye, never a muskie though. I'd probably pee myselfblush.gif

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

bravo !!!!

when we are on the water,we are obliged to assist anyone requesting assistance as long as it does not put us at risk of bodily harm.I sure hope that if i am in an emergency situation someone like you will be close by.as for the muskie, i know right from wrong,but i don't know what a believer lure is,so i'm not sure if mushy is what they were after.I won't comment on that.All i know is sometimes you don't catch what you're looking for.I have caught some surprising things bass fishing. 8 lb pike, sheapshead,perch pumpkin seed and even a 27" walleye, never a muskie though. I'd probably pee myselfblush.gif

yup believer is primarily musky bait, although i have caught some really aggressive smallies on my 6incher..... I say primarily b/c my friend bought a tackle box at an auction a couple of years back, and in it was a 3 1/2 lure shaped like a believer (non jointed), he used it at our fly in last fall, and he outfished us all with it. ONe walleye after another....i've tried finding that bait everywhere, no luck LOL

Agree 100% - Cant say enough good things about the Knipex ... they aint cheap .. but they sure do work .. fast and like cutting through butter ... I always keep them and my 10" needlenose pliers OUT and on the bench beside me ... right there on the towel I wipe the slime off my hands with :)