buying on-line

Terry

So

one of my 2 GMRS/FRS radios battery pack died

they were the more expensive ones and are 4.something volts rather then 3. something volts which is what most are

the radios work great better then most peoples radios, so buy a new battery seemed to be the way to go

I went on a quest to find a replacement battery pack......

Well the best I could find was 44 bucks...plus the cost of driving to buy it or shipping charges which were much cheaper then driving

that was too much when you consider the cost of a new radio

I decided to look in the US.......

found the batteries much much cheaper down there

one place it was $10.05

$10.05...not $44.00

they wanted a fair bit for shipping but it was still a great deal

as I was checking out I saw if you spend 30 bucks or more, shipping was free anywhere in North America

well you never know when my other battery might die and it couldn't hurt to have a back up

so changed order to 3 batteries, free shipping to my door all in taxes and everything else 32 bucks

still 12 bucks cheaper the one in Canada and I would still have to pay shipping and taxes

http://batterybarn.com

if you need replacements

life is good

and I had better quit typing, I am just back from the dentist and and meds are just kicking in....:clapping:

Guest Johnny Bass

Last time I thought I was getting a deal from the internet? It came to my door and looked exactly the same as my old one but alot less functions! :wallbash:

It was an electronic dealer button(for poker).

The thing I like best about internet shopping is you can find almost anything(especially E-bay). But I have payed through the nose.

Edited by Johnny Bass

I"d recommend two things when buying off the internet. These lessons were learned the hard way.

1) Get them to ship via postal service not UPS or Purolator. Otherwise you may pay brokerage and taxes.

2) Use a Credit Card that has buyer protection on it. It the company sends you crap or you get ripped off, the credit card company will reverse the payment.

I wish I had known #2 before getting burned. GRRRR