12v Deep Cycle Battery

baironhorse

My Engerizer 12v (850 CCA I belive) battery won't hold a charge any more. Was working fine couple of weeks ago and then hooked it up to my MotoMaster Eliminator charger at 12A charge rate...Once charged it says 100% next day when I check it drops back down to 10%....I then checked cells and topped up some with Distilled water...Again same thing....I then ran my trolling motor on it to remove any surface charge and repated process at 12 A then at 8A.... and yet the same thing...Is my charger not doing the job? Will a Natalus marine charge make a difference...How can I reveive this battery from the dead? Final note I think the battery was manufactured in May 2006... Let me know your thoughts..

So hook the charger to the battery now plug it in. If the needle jumps up charger is working. Most likely you have dead cell. Use your stroller some hook to charger if it says 11 volts you have a dead cell if it says 12.3 your battery is getting old and tired and you still need to replace.

If your battery's start using water they are on there way out.

I too would invest in a new one. while your there get the Natulas charger too. It will extend the life of the new battery. do a search on this topic it has been discussed many a time on here. Some exellent info for ya!

Edited by tb4me

I would get the CTEK charger from CT that is on sale right now for 54$.

I second that. I bought one on th elast sale.. the last charger I will ever buy! Untill it dies that is..Awesome charger at an unbeatable price!