Old Lures

Fishmaster

Fishmaster, first off don`t clean them. Most people don`t do it right and cause damage. I recognize the Creek Chub Pike or Lucky Strike in perch, River Runt at the bottom, possibly a dingbat at upper right, center near the top looks like a couple older rapalas, not sure about the rest.

Condition means a lot, so does rarity, pretty sure that is average stuff. If you are going to sell it e-bay is probably your best bet. Just from what I have seen most collectors will low ball you on the price. I was more into reels so I may be off.

Thanks guys ..i started collecting lures a few years back i just bought a box full of lure off a guy for $300 and was woundering if it was a good choice ...i figured those old Rapala's and Lucky Strike and headon lures must beworth a good buck ...along with the Whiskey Spoon ..the more info i can collectthe better i will no in years to come ..as for selling i wont be doing that in the near future ..

e-bay can also be used as a resource to see what you have and to see what they are going for. You can bookmark an auction and see the final selling price. Some empty boxes from old lures go for more than some old lures. I have sold some paper work from old reels(manuals) for 25 -30 bucks. Just depends on who wants it, and how bad!

If your in the Toronto area, there is a shop on Queen Street, north side, just east of Parliament that is an antique tackle shop. Now, I've never been in, but is would suspect that they could give a good idea about pricing, rarity etc...

Hope this helps?

HH