Update - Great Canadian Tournament Tackle

BillsTheBassMan

Hello All,

Some time back I had asked you folks about the Great Canadian Tournament Tackle company. I found them vending at a farmers market, got 4 lures for $10 so I gave them a shot!

I asked them if their products were made locally and they said "nothing is made locally anymore. Everything is made overseas." (IE China). I still decided to purchase the 4 lures for $10. A $10 mistake. I ran these lures this weekend and they're very poor. They don't run true. The topwater frog that I bought almost fell apart before I could tie it on. I didn't waste my time with 1 of the lures.

If you see these goods popping up in the general area just keep on walking by - awful quality.

I'll stick to Rapalas, Cordells, Heddons, and Live Targets thank you very much ;)

The first lie was that "everything is made overseas". You have only to look as far as OFC to find some quality made stuff.

I'll second and third this post. We've got an abundance of great talent on here.

Sorry about your experience Bill. At least the lures weren't 10 bucks a piece at that quality.

Edited by Rich Clemens

$10 lesson learned. No biggie, we've all spent that much or more on 1 lure that never caught any fish... yet!! There's lots of guys and gals on this board that make their own lures that are great and will stand up to the abuse of toothy critters trying to rip them apart. :D