BRP 10 hour inspection

bow slayer

Could someone pass along some info on this. My motor needs the mandatory 10 hour inspection for warranty purposes,does anyone have an idea the time required for this and the cost? Does it have to be exactly 10 hrs or could it be in that area? I figure I am about at that point but was planing on a 3 day get away starting monday and will add another 2-3 hours to the motor,should I just book the service and cancel the trip or is there some lean way towards the 10 hours and do the service when I return? The manuel states what is needed and when but I am sure they don't expect it to be exactly 10 hours.I just don't want to void the 36 month warranty.I would call a dealer and ask but it might be tough to find one open now or even tommorrow. thanks

If you don't have an hour meter, then go fishing! I'm sure a few hours here or there won't void your warranty. What would happen if your in the middle of the lake when the 10 hours hit. Stop and get towed home? GO FISHING!!!! Again NO hour meter, they won't know either!

Could someone pass along some info on this. My motor needs the mandatory 10 hour inspection for warranty purposes,does anyone have an idea the time required for this and the cost? Does it have to be exactly 10 hrs or could it be in that area? I figure I am about at that point but was planing on a 3 day get away starting monday and will add another 2-3 hours to the motor,should I just book the service and cancel the trip or is there some lean way towards the 10 hours and do the service when I return? The manuel states what is needed and when but I am sure they don't expect it to be exactly 10 hours.I just don't want to void the 36 month warranty.I would call a dealer and ask but it might be tough to find one open now or even tommorrow. thanks

I have an '08 E-tec. There was no mention of a 10 or 20 or whatever service. They just mentioned that a service at 300 hours would be recommended. I read the books thoroly as I didn't want to mess anything up. It never mentioned anything about warrenty service? I'd check with BRP directly as it sounds fishy to need a service after 10 hours.

Most dealers will recommend the customer to bring the motor back with in the first 10-20 hrs for an inspection or fluid change if it's a brand new motor. For Merc they recommend an oil change every 100 hrs both top and lower units or at the end of the season. If there is a problem it would most likely occur with in the first 20 hrs of use.

Most dealers will recommend the customer to bring the motor back with in the first 10-20 hrs for an inspection or fluid change if it's a brand new motor. For Merc they recommend an oil change every 100 hrs both top and lower units or at the end of the season. If there is a problem it would most likely occur with in the first 20 hrs of use.