LSC Muskie were cooperating again

SlowPoke

I had planned to hit Lake Ontario with my daughters. There's never a gaurantee to put fish in the boat but lets face it, the odds are better with salmon and trout on Lake O than muskie... anywhere!

The forecast was calling for 20K east winds; even the freighters don't like that!

I decided at the last minute to go to Lake St. Clair forecasting 15k east winds. I warned the girls "it could be a boring bumpy ride" but they wanted to go anyway.

It didn't take long to make our trip worthwhile, the first fish was on the line before the second rod hit the water. I called "fish on, who wants it?" neither of them budged. After a moment of coaxing, Hannah stepped up to the plate and handled her first muskie with ease.

IMG00425.jpg

A short time later and on the same rod and lure (yes, some of you know which one), Sarah got her chance to land one. This one was a little bigger and required a little more coaching but she managed to get it into the net.

IMG00427.jpg

Had to cut the hooks on this. That's 4 trebles I've replaced on this lure in two outings. I think I'm going to leave my tackle boxes at home and just bring my favourite lure and a bunch of hooks!

The new casting deck got some use

IMG00428.jpg

The fishing died off after our first hour on the water so the girls decided to have a swim. Water was 81*F.

IMG00429.jpg

IMG00430.jpg

IMG00431.jpg

And a choppy ride in

IMG00433.jpg

We wrapped it up around 8:30 and headed homeward. Stopped in at the new Esso on Bloomfield Rd. in Chatham for a bite to eat and was pleased to find there is a new 24hr Subway!!! This is awesome, can pick one up on the way to the lake in the morning instead the 4:30AM leftover donuts at Tim Hortons.

But where's the shots of you hitting the water.... :D

Almost had one back at the ramp. I stepped from the bow onto the winch and a little jump to the back bumper of the truck, cranked the boat up and then a big jump from the bumper to the dock. Big enough to split my shorts and almost didn't make it.

Needless to say, the girls made me go inside at Subway with split shorts because their hair was wet.