Fishing Germany's largest lake

scuro2

AHHH childhood memories.

I used to live in germany as a child and my very first time ever fishing was in Germany in the Rhine River, which is fed by this lake. It was very primitive fishing. I rememeber, all me and my buddy had was line spooled around something small that would fit into your hand and at the end of the line was a hook and we would drop a worm into the water from a bridge or something like that .

One comment I have to make is that Europe has learned from its mistakes and is trying to reconcile all the wrong it has done in the past. Sure, some regulations may seem just stupid to us North Americans but when you do not have the luxury of thousands upon thousand lakes for fish to call home (like we do) then you sure as hell have to make sure that the 1 or 2 important lakes you have, you take care of.

Great report Scuro2. Got any more pics from over there you'd like to share ?

Here are a few more.

IMGP0523.jpg

morning walk

IMGP0668.jpg

A hike on the mountain which translated is called the "high box".

IMGP0672.jpg

...and the alpine lake below

IMGP0674.jpg

...a view of the Bodensee at ground level. The church is up on the hill.

IMGP0489.jpg

...and finally a shot of the beer tent and ruins behind it. They hold a concert every year up on the hill. This year it was Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

WOW! Fantastic! My son is in Germany every month or two but he's usually around Sindelfingen...about 25 miles South West of Stuttgart. Really beautiful country, thanks for the pics.

He is not that far from all of this. The mountains would be 3 hours away...the lake 2 hours. Hiking Swiss mountains is very civilized. For every person there is a mountain at their speed. We hiked down. Some just hike up on the top and take the chairlift both ways. There is some damn serious climbing going on there. Saw a couple climb up a jagged rock faced peak in the shape of a finger with no gear except helmets. I prefer my mountains with cold beer on the top. My fav Swiss brand...Falken Hell beer! Edited by scuro2