What to use fishing for Channel Cats?

Ron

Ron:

Considering they may be a small wager in place for the biggest cat this coming weekend, I feel asking 8000 members for their secret bait is cheating. :wallbash:

So to make things fair, if anyone has a real secret bait that was just to good to share with Ron in the open forum, please PM me and I will let you know if it outfishes Ron's sucker-chunk, chicken liver, shrimp combination bait. Small comission may apply after collecting wager from Ron. :whistling:

Also as many have pointed out, I will be avoiding your spiked ceasar trick as well.

Just leveling the playing field.

I heard big cats like suicks....you should throw one of those all weekend.

Edited by Michael Brown

Ron:

Considering they may be a small wager in place for the biggest cat this coming weekend, I feel asking 8000 members for their secret bait is cheating. :wallbash:

So to make things fair, if anyone has a real secret bait that was just to good to share with Ron in the open forum, please PM me and I will let you know if it outfishes Ron's sucker-chunk, chicken liver, shrimp combination bait. Small comission may apply after collecting wager from Ron. :whistling:

Also as many have pointed out, I will be avoiding your spiked ceasar trick as well.

Just leveling the playing field.

I heard big cats like suicks....you should throw one of those all weekend.

If you send me the same amount of money I will happily send you the same P.M. I sent Ron.... :good: Now if we go for the 50/50 split I would be happy to be your personal Catfish guru till we win.

Art

If you send me the same amount of money I will happily send you the same P.M. I sent Ron.... :good: Now if we go for the 50/50 split I would be happy to be your personal Catfish guru till we win.

Art

.... And here I thought you were my friend.... :D

One question though Art, where do I find badgers to put in a bran sack in this neck of the woods?;)

Cheers, Ron...

.... And here I thought you were my friend.... :D

One question though Art, where do I find badgers to put in a bran sack in this neck of the woods?;)

Cheers, Ron...

It's not that I am not your friend it is I have a tier rate of friends that is money driven. Badgers can be found in the frozen food section of Walmart or if you prefer Freeze dried they are in aisle 7.

Art

Badgers can be found in the frozen food section of Walmart or if you prefer Freeze dried they are in aisle 7.

Art

Perhaps south of the border but up here they're kept outside where it's always below freezing.... whistling.gif

Well the weekend of catfish hunting went well, with lots of fish caught. I think Ron brought every bait suggested and soaked most of them. Lots of fish, not all biggun's but an average 3lb fish and lots of alternate species.

Great weekend with fishing friends.

nicecatfishdaysml.jpg

The water levels were down 4ft from last year, so most of what we learned was out the window, no water, no current and hard to find boat launches with enough water to float off the boats.

After a little hunting around to find current and deep water the bigger cats came out to play.Mikecatssml.jpg

These things fight! We caught fish from 5-40ft and everything in between.

:Gonefishing:

Thanks for the tips.

P.S Frozen Mackeral chunks worked best for me.

Edited by Michael Brown