Just built a Texas Twister/ Ladder Golf game

Muskieman

Now , I know that this game has been around for awhile now .. but I've recently played it and liked it.....but after breaking and knocking over the store bought version.. I decided to build one today...cost all of 36$ excluding the 6pk of Molson EX.

6 x Dollarama 3/4" Broomhandles....colored golf balls from CTC..1/4" rope..12x Galvanized 3/4" Saddles..2x 2x4x8 and 1x 1x6x12' p/t Deckboard some screws and a few handtools and a drill.....

All tolled, 1h45m and We're playing Ladder Golf!! :thumbsup_anim:

QuebecTyler002.jpg

Randy

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

That's a great looking game, what are the dimensions/rules I may need to build one to go with my washers game

Kewl, now you have got to make up the Newfie Washer Toss game.

I was told it was invented by a union construction site. It takes carpentry, plummers, masonry and steel worker skills to make it.

You talking about this Ron? Finally made one for myself few weeks ago, but my family has had them around for every camping trip and BBQ for a few years now.

IMG_1270_small.jpg

There is also another version of the washer game called Texas Horseshoes or Hillbilly Horseshoes. It consists of 2 decks about 3' long and about 1' wide. Each deck has 3 holes (6") in it in a row from front to back. You place the decks abouth 6' apart and try to toss the washers into the holes. The scoring can be veried but it is usually 1 point for the front hole, 3 points for the middle hole and 5 points for the far hole. Also some points are awarded for all of your washers staying on the deck. Here is a link to the game. http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/hillbilly-horseshoes.html

If you don't mind posting, what are the dimensions of different things? Mainly:

- Height of the legs

- Length of the 3 cross rails (broom handles)

- Distance between each rail

- Length of rope between each golf ball

Nice job! I want to build one!

Here it is... this is after I shortened it by a foot and added hardwood dowel, a coat hook and score #'s....

We play to 21pts. ... distance between ladders is about 20'.

The rope is 1/4 nylon and a foot between balls.

QuebecTyler005Color.jpg

Randy

:canadian:

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great looking game, what are the dimensions/rules I may need to build one to go with my washers game

You talking about this Ron? Finally made one for myself few weeks ago, but my family has had them around for every camping trip and BBQ for a few years now.

IMG_1270_small.jpg

Tailgate at an NFL game and you'll see lots of that being played. Careful, some of them take it pretty serious... and don't like being beat by a Canuck who's never played before.