Shimano Clarus Baitcasting rod

vinnimon

Its a 6.6ft med hvy fast action rod.

I purchasd one a few years ago and loved it,then it broke just below the second eyelit from the tip.Ok fine,sent it in for waranty(lifetime warranty I may add).So I got it back after paying 20 bcks for shipping etc......And again the same thing,on rod #2,Then again on rod #3,all in the same spot.

So, 2 weeks ago I received it under warranty again,a new version of the rod(happy as stink now!Cause I love that rod for its purpose!So anyway 3rd day of using it,it friggen snappedmad.gif but much lower,near the center!Just above the last eyelit on the top section.

Now im peed off,so I sent it in again,down 80 bucks for shipping after this one.

What do you do,throw it out!I wasnt!

Anyway Im hoping a freind will make a call to shimano on my behalfworthy.gif OH BUDDY/PALworthy.gif

If shimano covers the charges,ill be a happy camper again!

Just wondering if you guys had any issues with this rod at all.Im quit happy with it,except for it breaking on me!

I have two of the same rod, and never broke either. I have, however, broken a couple ultralight, and med/light clarus rods. All replaced under warranty, free of charge.

S.

There was no charge under warranty.Only to pay for shipping/handling.It would cost me the same in fuel plus my time.Or the same via canada post including insurance!Done that once,thank god for the postal insurance.

OK, I lied. I had to drive 20 mins one way to Shimano in PTBO, plus my time.

There nice rods indeed and well worth the little headaches!I hope a bud pulls threw for me!I personally dont care if I get the dough back at all!I just wanted others to know what im going threw as well as shimano!And I will buy another one indeed!As long as they come clean and tell me theres an issue!And they fixed it!

Any shimano reps on board here?

I have a Clarus spinning rod I use for top-water and small cranks. Never had an issue with it, works great for what I want it for. I actually chose it over the similiar Compre model, I liked the feel of the Clarus better, it has a softer tip which I like for giving my Pop-R some extra pop. That it was cheaper than the Compre was just a bonus.

If there ever is a problem, another advantage of living in the Kawarthas, no shipping charges for Shimano warranty work. :thumbsup_anim:

My brother purchased a newer Clarus 2-piece medium action 6'6" spinning rod earlier in the year for our trip in June. My father was using it in the boat, hooked a small pike that went berserk at the boat and took a quick, sharp dive down...and then SNAP!!!!. The rod broke right in half. My father though it was pretty funny, my brother, not so much.

I also have an older Clarus that I haven't had any problems with.

It is quite easy to break any rod if you jerk at a bad angle, especially if there is internal damage from hitting it on the gunnels etc. The higher the quality of the rod, the easier they break.

I have had several rods replaced by Shimano/G.Loomis and unless I was upgrading, it was always at no charge.

Garry