dunnvile

fishinguypat

I think the bulk of the fish in the spring are spawners from the lake. If you want cats now, I lived in Port Rowan and Long Point when I was younger and caught cats up to 20lbs , 8-10 average, surf casting on the lake side of Long Point in the evening. Same baits, shrimp, worm balls, cut baits, couple oz. pyramid sinkers on 9 foot saltwater spinnners, rod stands with bells on and a campfire. I remember we got them right up to duck season and August was probably the hottest month, in all these years never have gone back to see if they are still there, but have good memories of a great times, best spot was down off Hasting's Ave near the old Big Creek channel. The bottom was all sand where we got them, it was quite a well known fishery at that time, sometimes a few carloads would come from Detroit and fish there.

well what if i went now where could i fish?

Billsthebassman is right, Just go to Fishmasters store and talk to Steve Hardcastle he will point you in the right direction.

Just for the record, I have been fishing the Grand River in Dunnville the last two weeks for cats and I have not caught anything worth bragging about.

There has been alot of people fishing around the dam for Walleye, but I would suggest trying out Port Maitland, although you may catch more sheephead than cats, I'am sure you will have a fun time fishing out that way regardless of what you land.