BPS decides to cut bait in Buffalo

Billy Bob

I would MUCH rather have a Cabela's but I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Here's what has me concerned......."There are numerous critical reasons for our position, including the fact that several major issues fundamental to the successful completion of the project remain unresolved," Hagale wrote.

This tells me that the powers to be aren't even close to anything happening on the waterfront....I have waited for over 30 years and still NOTHING....and I'm pretty sure it will be status quo for a LONG time to come here....our taxes are way out of line and the area is not business friendly in the least....every time some business wants to do something here the NAYSAYERS threaten law suits....oh well, maybe in my next life time...LOL

There was talk here about a Cabela`s near me for 3 or 4 years? A couple of locations were mentioned. It seems though that they were playing the cities involved to see which one would give the biggest tax abatements.

How does the line go? cost plus 50% = profits? and if you can bargan enough tax breaks from the city involved? more profits? Maybe they can pass an increase on the sales tax and let the taxpayers pay for the lost revenue from tax abatements? The customers seem to pay the taxes anyway? :sarcasm:

oh well, maybe in my next life time...LOL

Just be reborn in Myrtle Beach, they have a pretty good BPS there and you can have both salt water and fresh water fishing at hand.

Biggest problem for Buffalo is it is just like Hamilton, bunch of dumbasses running it and nothing ever gets done, and if it does happen they'll surely screw it up!

Edited by pikehunter

• 2 weeks later...

Just be reborn in Myrtle Beach, they have a pretty good BPS there and you can have both salt water and fresh water fishing at hand.

Biggest problem for Buffalo is it is just like Hamilton, bunch of dumbasses running it and nothing ever gets done, and if it does happen they'll surely screw it up!

hmmm...can anyone say stadium?

We have the same problem in T.O. , everyone talks about the water front NO on does anything , most prime spots eaten up by huge condo,s or left to waste . Except for a large bar , 7000 plus people on a weekend night , and some movie studio that never got off the ground prime money makeing space (lots of taxes to be made)is left to waste . If we had of got the olympics something might have been done , but we have a huge lake right in front of us no need to drive hours , and If people had a interest in its use you would see the money reinvested and the beaches etc. would be alot cleaner but in stead we drive hours to go up north and turn our backs on what we have .

We have the same problem in T.O. , everyone talks about the water front NO on does anything , most prime spots eaten up by huge condo,s or left to waste . Except for a large bar , 7000 plus people on a weekend night , and some movie studio that never got off the ground prime money makeing space (lots of taxes to be made)is left to waste . If we had of got the olympics something might have been done , but we have a huge lake right in front of us no need to drive hours , and If people had a interest in its use you would see the money reinvested and the beaches etc. would be alot cleaner but in stead we drive hours to go up north and turn our backs on what we have .

In Toronto you have 10 times, maybe 100 times as much or MORE than we have on our waterfront in Buffalo...we have NOTHING on our waterfront but weeds growing for over 30 years. The outer harbor that they are ALWAYS referring to develop has absolutely NOTHING on it and it's the so called LEADERS of Buffalo, Erie County and the State of New York to BLAME ! ! !

When I had my OLD boat (over 25 years ago) I remember going to the New York Walleye Assoc meeting that I belonged to and listen to the "Horizon Commission" ask us what's important to be include in the new waterfront developement project that was going to be breaking ground SOON....LOL....30 years later NADA... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I wonder how much money has been made over the years by these so called "Commissions" and "Studies" that NEVER produce a friggin thing in....yes, you guessed it OVER 30 YEARS... it's actually a JOKE here now by all of us that have listen to this BULL ... :asshat: