Guelph Lake

cynmar

Okay, I don't own a boat, is there some good spots on Guelph Lake that you can shore fish from. Don't know the area so directions would help? I know there is a bridge on Hwy 24, is fishing allowed there? Any suggestions appreciated.

I go to the Conservation area and pay the $5 as well, but I am curious if anyone knows a way to get to GL without doing that? Moreso to try some new areas of the lake. The only areas I can seem to find that are reasonable to get to are around the island and the point on the other side of the beach.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to park and access the water at Hwy 6 near Cross Creek Blvd shown here?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.574596,-80.283601&z=16&t=h&hl=en (sorry you have to select it and enter into browser)

Looks like some good water. Seems to be all private property surrounding it, but thought a local might know.

Some people fish the highway 24 side but it is a parking heat score. You should park at jones baseline and walk over. I have not ever fished there so I don't know. I would think the conservation area would allow you more spots. Again you are allowed to fish the 24 side but you can not park on 24.

Hope this helps.

I go to the Conservation area and pay the $5 as well, but I am curious if anyone knows a way to get to GL without doing that? Moreso to try some new areas of the lake. The only areas I can seem to find that are reasonable to get to are around the island and the point on the other side of the beach.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to park and access the water at Hwy 6 near Cross Creek Blvd shown here?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.574596,-80.283601&z=16&t=h&hl=en (sorry you have to select it and enter into browser)

Looks like some good water. Seems to be all private property surrounding it, but thought a local might know.

You can park on Jones Baseline up the dirt road off a main road. It is littered with no parking signs, but once you get up over the hill, you can park anywhere. THEY DO PATROL THE AREA CONSISTENTLY, so don't park in the no parking zone.

I parked there once earlier this year, where some donkeys had ripped the no parking sign out of the ground in thrown it in the field next to the road (I didnt see it) and an OPP officer found me fishing and asked me to move my car.

You're looking at like a 7 minute walk, but you'll have access to both sides of the lake.

You can park on Jones Baseline up the dirt road off a main road. It is littered with no parking signs, but once you get up over the hill, you can park anywhere. THEY DO PATROL THE AREA CONSISTENTLY, so don't park in the no parking zone.

I parked there once earlier this year, where some donkeys had ripped the no parking sign out of the ground in thrown it in the field next to the road (I didnt see it) and an OPP officer found me fishing and asked me to move my car.

You're looking at like a 7 minute walk, but you'll have access to both sides of the lake.

I was thinking fishing there as well. I notice the lake everytime I drive to Welland. What kind of fish are in there?

i hate that spot because of all the walking lol, every 10 m there is a no parking sign

I think you have your areas mixed up. Cross creek and HWY 6 are not part of Guelph Lake. Guelph Lake ends at the dam which is before Victoria rd.

As for parking and fishing outside of the Park. You can also park along wellington rd 29. Its more limited for shore fishing but you can launch a canoe from there and fish the part of the lake not within the park.

Guelph is very diligent with parking enforcement so I wouldn't risk it and walk the extra few minutes.

In terms of fish species, you have large and small mouth bass, pike, panfish and carp.