Question for you carp fishers

chuckymcd

Hey guys,

i want to fish for some carp but really dont know to much about it.

What I need 2 know is where the heck can i go carp fishing in the GTA and actually catch a couple?

Im guessing later evening/night fall will produce the best or early morning??

Dont want to know any of your honey holes, just the name of a river or a streatch of the river that will produce for a begginer.

Thanks guys, have a good one

Anywhere there's a stream or creek off of lake o should hold some carp at the mouth. There's wayyyyyy to many out there. Use some corn on a small trout hook and set your drag as low as it goes! When you start to hear some line peel tighten the drag, set the hook, and enjoy! If you were in the area I'd give you a few honey holes! Never drove to toronto for carp as they are everywhere.

:Gonefishing:

Howdy,

I just started carp fishing about a week ago and I've landed 5 now and 2 Redfins - it's a good time, and you'll get a feel for it pretty quick. I've only fished with corn to this point, after picking a spot with prevalent carp, and chumming it for the last week - almost on a daily basis.

You can check out a few resources that should give you a quick start.

OntarioCarpFishing.Com

Google: Hair Rig.

Check the following threads here: Whirlpool Carping and My First Fish While Carping (by me, but help from some experienced carp guys) . . .

There is lots of good info there. Also, you can PM HammerCarp and he'll direct you to some even more amazing resources.

Ryan

Hey guys,

i want to fish for some carp but really dont know to much about it.

What I need 2 know is where the heck can i go carp fishing in the GTA and actually catch a couple?

Im guessing later evening/night fall will produce the best or early morning??

Dont want to know any of your honey holes, just the name of a river or a streatch of the river that will produce for a begginer.

Thanks guys, have a good one

Well depending on the size of carp you are after... I can tell you were exactly to find them this time of year.wink.gif

dsn

Howdy,

I just started carp fishing about a week ago and I've landed 5 now and 2 Redfins - it's a good time, and you'll get a feel for it pretty quick. I've only fished with corn to this point, after picking a spot with prevalent carp, and chumming it for the last week - almost on a daily basis.

You can check out a few resources that should give you a quick start.

OntarioCarpFishing.Com

Google: Hair Rig.

Check the following threads here: Whirlpool Carping and My First Fish While Carping (by me, but help from some experienced carp guys) . . .

There is lots of good info there. Also, you can PM HammerCarp and he'll direct you to some even more amazing resources.

Ryan

Hey Ryan how is it going?

Have you ever fished for carp at Floradale, there is some sort of a reservoir there and there is plenty of them in there.

I used to fish it much more then i do now but i always did alright...fish are not very big but they are in good numbers.

Now as for the original question, i cant help you with a location, but once you find the location that you want to fish. Chum the area good, i use canned corn for chumming and sometimes even maize, depends how much of it i have.

Then just use the same bait for fishing as you did for chumming. Keep the bait on the bottom and loosen up your drag if you dont want to lose your rod. Most of us carpers have lost a few like that.

Good luck!

Further to Marko's comment on drag settings, if you are a baitcast kinda guy, I find using one and leaving it in free spool works phenomenally.

The other comments about creek mouths are also bang on.

Also I have a question for the carp experts myself. I've noticed the carp turning from a light golden colour earlier in the year to a very dark brownish gold, especially on their backs. Is this a result of warmer water temps or what?

Well depending on the size of carp you are after... I can tell you were exactly to find them this time of year.wink.gif

dsn

lol i dont care about the size i just want to catch one of the buggers :)

Thanks for the info guys im going to do some reading up on them and mybe try my luck this week!