Nungesser Lake Fishing Report

kgeary

Hi David

I'm not suggesting anything about you.

I am sure you take no pleasure in trashing me and have no reason to lie.

Yes I will take extra good care of OFNers.

One person (twilight) says I'm not making it clear who I am and that is not right.

I say I'm not hiding my name because I dont' want to mislead anyone.

Someone else says that is self promotion.

Both must be right.

Nipfisher

Yes I will take good care of you.

If you want to find a problem, you probably will.

If you want to have a great trip you definitely will.

But let me know what your expectations are and I'll do my best

Obviously I can't guarantee you fish

You expect 801 fish for a group of how many?

Seriously let me know

tcioz

Thanks

I think your right

except I have been around for a lot longer that 6 years

My family has been in the industry since 1949

Luc G

thanks for your kind words

I'm glad you enjoy my reports.

Chugger and the rest

thanks , glad you enjoy them.

FisH

The Hodne group reported to me that they caught at least 800 walleye.

that is a FACT and I don't doubt them at all .

In fact I bet they caught more than that.

I can't find where I said 30 walleye were attacked by pike

I did mention 12 that I could recall.

FisH

Nobody can control what others choose to say about them.

Many people reading this thread are surprised by the forcefullness with which non- stakeholders express their opinions.

I just keep reporting things as they happen.

Some believe that I shouldn't.

Some belive that I should and thank me for doing it.

Does it help my busines or hurt it???

Apparently it makes you not want to visit my camp at any price.

Others think it is a great offer.

Some camp owners say I should never offer a discount

are they right or wrong?

It is a lot easier to sit in the weeds and take pot shots.

That is why Pike are so successful.

I'm not going to get all Zen or anything but-

There is a reason for everything.

There is a reason my family has been successful in this indutry for over 50 years.

When things don't make sense- there is a reason.

People will make up their own minds.

If you choose to visit AK great - you will have a great time, if not then my family a lot of fish will miss you.

Just a quick note on staff

I have developed a great staff

It took a few years

unfortunately a great employee and dear friend passed away a few years ago and left a gaping hole.

His performance has not been easy to replace.

Have you ever heard of anyone working at a factory, as store or ________ who complains about their boss, the company, their job, how much they get paid,how hard they work, how much they want to quit etc etc.

Consider this!! Why would it be any different at a fishing camp, especially where workers are seasonal????

I don't know anyone in business with employees that aren't complaining about their lot.

Am I surprised that I'm a target here, of course not. Heck it makes me a target in my hometown.

I'm just a guy who took a huge risk and made a huge investment in a business that I love trying to make it work during the worst economy in our lifetime.

Am I enjoying it? Mostly

Yesterday one of my friends and guest asked my son what he was gonna do when he grew up

Hayden said "I'm going to run a camp and play hockey".

Am I glad I started it? you bet.

Am I going to get bullied off this board? Not as long as there are people out there who enjoy what i take the time to write about

Hey gotta go

I have guests and friends to fish with tommorrow.

Oh and I will still try to get those pics on here tommrorrow.

Personally, I do enjoy seeing all those pictures of big fish and smiling anglers.

I also believe I am educated enough to be able to draw my own conclusions when an outfitter or guide makes a post or recommendation that may benefit them. I really don't appreciate self promotion and spamming resort links.

However, the rules for posting on this board are obviously set. If the moderators don't see a problem with the posts then I don't think there is much else to discuss on that topic.

I do appreciate the feedback provided by the previous customers. This is one of the most valuable resources available on this site. I have probably saved a lot time and money because of it.

Hopefully Mr. Geary works out his problems and makes his lodge as good as it should be.

When my mother asked him for drinking water he said the lake water is fine. Drink it. In a miserable voice. I have been drinking it all my life and I am just fine.

One of his employees snuck my mom a jug of drinking water.

As far as making the best of it. We did. My father, mother and I did just that. We had a wonderful vacation full of fish, not because of Mr Geary but in spite of him. The things promised to us, drinking water, hydro, functioning boat and motor, friendly service were not offered.

In fact the first thing he said about one of his long time employees when we landed was "yeah, that guys not too bright". After seeing what this guy just went through for this smug irritating man that just turned my stomach.

We were lucky, we won the boat lottery and ours was only down for half a day the first day. Others were not so lucky.

Anyways like I said, I do not relish the thought of coming on here and doing this, it has clearly made me look bad.

I am not the guy Ron was talking about, nor Terry nor Gbfisher. I do not know them. So it sounds like it wasn't an Isolated incident. The guests up there talked to each other and I did not meet one bunch that was returning.

Again the fishing was superb. Just like at any outfitter in that area. I will be heading back to NW Ontario, just not "The Kingdom".

Edited by Grimace

Anyways like I said, I do not relish the thought of coming on here and doing this, it has clearly made me look bad.

Not at all man. On the contrary.

Geary, I'm not doubting the fact that your clients caught 800 eyes in one day. What arks me, is there's people who have expressed serious concern about how you run your camp. What I would like to know if what you are doing to make your camp better. Not just another report showing big walleye and pike.

If you run your camp the way to respond to the negative posts in this thread (ignore them), then how is your camp going to get better?

Edited by F-is-H

yes we do see that you could care less about dissatisfied customers are are only interested in the next client with a fist full of dollars

my only interest was the fact that I considered these post spam and your an Ontario business that only shows US price list, but now we are see much more to dislike about your business

and I think there is another camp on the lake OFNers might want to look into and still catch nice fish

Regarding the 40% discount,I am sure there are lots of camps that will be in the same "ball park" during that time period(mid Aug/mid Sept).They are not that busy at that time & like to fill their empty cabins.Phone around if you are interested in coming up this way.

Lac Seul is another great fishery and there are lots of resorts at both ends of the lake,Sioux Lookout & Ear Fall.This a beautifull area,often overlooked by fisherman from southern Ont.

I would also like to add that I think the most reliable reveiws come from clients,not self serving resort owners.You can check out most resorts on the many fishing forums to be found on the web.The really good ones don't blow their own horns(so to speak)but let satisfied customers speak for them.

IMHO