Fish draws Blood!

Guest LivingLegend

Guest LivingLegend

What a day, what a day. Was out on the Yak in Lake Gibson and landed this nice biggins. Now Im wondering, Im thinking this is a Pike but could it be a Muskie? I never caught a muskie and this just seemed alittle different, maybe Im tripping but yawl experinced Muskie Masters can tell me what sliced my thumb open........OUCH!ohmy.gif

post-7030-128002603456_thumb.jpg

post-7030-128002610017_thumb.jpg

post-7030-128002617267_thumb.jpg

What a day, what a day. Was out on the Yak in Lake Gibson and landed this nice biggins. Now Im wondering, Im thinking this is a Pike but could it be a Muskie? I never caught a muskie and this just seemed alittle different, maybe Im tripping but yawl experinced Muskie Masters can tell me what sliced my thumb open........OUCH!ohmy.gif

northern

Guest LivingLegend

you didn't try to lip him did ya? blink.gif

I sure did my friend, wanted to get a shot with its mouth open. I know better then to be stickin my fingers in a Pikes mouth but thought i was quicker..........i thought wrongdunno.gif . I just bought some Berkley gloves too but of course i forgot themmad.gif

Guest LivingLegend

Is that a livewell on your yak ? if so thats cool!

That it is SRT8, it has a pumpinside and intake on the underside of the yak. i flip a switch and it pumps it in to the livewell. It also has a sliding console with rod holders and fish finder. I run a 30lb thrust trolling motor that I had custom made (Bassyaks) and assembled it just a few weeks ago, havebt used my paddle much since........

Bring it on fish.......cool.gif

That it is SRT8, it has a pumpinside and intake on the underside of the yak. i flip a switch and it pumps it in to the livewell. It also has a sliding console with rod holders and fish finder. I run a 30lb thrust trolling motor that I had custom made (Bassyaks) and assembled it just a few weeks ago, havebt used my paddle much since........

Bring it on fish.......cool.gif

:thumbsup_anim:

Guest LivingLegend

you should have checked underneath the fish's head to see how many pores it had

Exactly! I just found that out, Pike have 8 and muskie have like 10 to 12 pores. Most say its a Pike, my buddy thought it was a muskie for sure, guess I'll call it a Musike.......biggrin.gif

So you ask everyone whether it's a pike or a muskie. The folks tell you it's a pike (and it is) but you ignore the answers and call it a muskie all the same? If you had your opinion formed beforehand, why even ask?

Guest LivingLegend

So you ask everyone whether it's a pike or a muskie. The folks tell you it's a pike (and it is) but you ignore the answers and call it a muskie all the same? If you had your opinion formed beforehand, why even ask?

Good point, will do next round.biggrin.gif

He didn't call it a muskie Roy....he called it a Musike.... a little play on words....you might want to wear your glasses when reading.. :sarcasm:

Guest LivingLegend

He didn't call it a muskie Roy....he called it a Musike.... a little play on words....you might want to wear your glasses when reading.. sarcasm.gif

rolleyes.gif