Just a heads up

I had a spool of the firewire crystal that was horrible 65lb and a big husky jerk broke it off mid cast with no back lash also lost a bulldog and a big spinnerbait from breakage by far the most expensive spool of line I have ever used after losing all 3 lures. pretty sure it was just a bad spool but that was the only chance I was giving it .I have been using the cajun braid I have 2 rods spooled with 65 lb and 2 with 20lb and have no complaints so far and it was $23 for 2 spools of 200yrds I believe.

IMO Power Pro is far and away the best braid out there, but I have heard nothing but good things about Spider Thread ... not to be confused with Spider Wire.

I had nothing but issues with both SpiderWire and Fireline. I'll stick with what works and use Power Pro til death do us part.

IMO Power Pro is far and away the best braid out there, but I have heard nothing but good things about Spider Thread ... not to be confused with Spider Wire.

I had nothing but issues with both SpiderWire and Fireline. I'll stick with what works and use Power Pro til death do us part.

Yep, that's what I'm doing and I have NO reason to change. I have two friends that claimed the same thing a few years ago and they're still on the Power Pro as well.

And just a heads up - Power Pro is on sale at Canadian Tires as well - $19.99 a spool. This isn't an outrageously great sale, but it's still cheaper than MSRP. A tackle shop I frequent always has PP @ 19.99.

I have never had Fireline break on me, randomly or otherwise and I have four reels spooled up with it. You might be confusing Fireline with Legend boats.

(okay, that was strictly for comedic value so don't panic)

I just bought two spools from CT on sale. I am just pissed that I missed out on the Eagle colour C350 FF that they had on for less than 1/2 price (each store had one or so).

Jim

LOL. Sorry this is funny :thumbsup_anim:

May I suggest that you use Floro on your spinning reels... I have had nothing but great luck/success witht he stuff. Used in the right application, I think it's great!

HH

I tried to jump on the Flouro bandwagon, and spooled up all of my spares with it. I use it when it helps to have a line sink and be invisible, but I have a heck of a time with it coming un-spooled and tangling. I have tried taking a wack of it off the spool (in case I put too much on) and still. Also I found that I missed the sensitivity of braid (flouro felt like mono to me).

I'd love to love it having spent loads to spool up, but am having trouble warming to it.

Help!!

Jim

Guest LivingLegend

Just grabbed my Tracer FireLine, second time buying it too. There was one time i got fire line original from the sporstman show and it was brutal. I could bust it with my hands, it was like it was brital. My conclusion was it was a bad batch, maybe thats what some of you guys could be getting??dunno.gif . Soon I will try Powerpro red, Im sure all are good......

Edited by LivingLegend

Guest LivingLegend

I should clarify something as well - as I'm fishing braid with a fluoro leader 100% of the time, it makes no difference whether it bleeds or not. And the local store to me sells Power Pro for 15,99, not 19.99.

What local store is this? Close to NOTL?