Silver and Gold

Finally got out on Erie yesterday with a couple of Grey-Bruce steelheaders, Jim and Andrew. We headed out in Jim's boat, he had offered us a chance to get out, and we jumped at it. Booked the day off work, hung up the "GONE FISHIN" sign!!!

We started trolling around 50' of water, set the riggers/dipsey/leadcore with a variety of spoons. Didn't take long, Andrew had the first acrobatic rainbow on. I was up next, heard the "baa-baa's", yup, sheepshead. Fortunately didn't count as my official turn!

We were using the mini-planers with the flag trip, one of them started acting weird, I grabbed the rod...felt some good headshakes, no acrobatics, we were thinking walleye. Began the endurance task of reeling in all that leadcore, all the while, getting some strong tugs. Got it close to the boat, oh, yeah!! Walleye gold! :thumbsup_anim: Twenty five and a half inches, five pounds.

MyfirstEriewalleye.jpg

We continued trolling for about four hours, had some doubles, almost a triple (one shook free quickly), what I would consider a really good day...for Jim just an average one. Got to love that Erie fishery!!!

Our final take home count was five bows and the one walleye...

Erierewards.jpg

Andrew's hen bow being the largest. We also released a few bows, lost at least five fish, and missed about the same number of hits...about twenty hits in 4 1/2 hours of fishing, no complaints here!!! Oh, yeah 4 sheepshead as well, LOL! We also caught two bows with lamprey hanging on them...killed both of the parasites, concerning seeing them possibly coming back in numbers.

Fried up the walleye, fresh last night...fantastic! Here's a pic of some of it frying-

YummyEriewalleye.jpg

Great fishery down there, all the way from Port Stanley to Leamington! Wish I had more pics, but, we were "busy" and I didn't have my designated photographer/fishing queen with me. :D

Nice Frank!! Great job!

Thanks, Jamie...was the first time I've ever caught a walleye and a bow on the same day. Great fishery down there. Good luck with your provincial park search, Juli and I are taking her boys up to Restoule in late August.