Lake map chip for Lowrance HDS units

scugpg

I have a few trips planned this year and was interested in upgrading to a good map chip for my HDS. I've been looking at hot maps and was wondering what people think of them and what one you would recommend.

Also open to other suggestions. I'd like one that has detailed contouring etc as I'm usually fishing blind in new lakes as of late!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by scugog

I have the hot maps chip and it covers pretty much all the lakes you'd want to fish. More and more lakes are going HD with one foot contours.

Do you have the Premium or Platinum chip? It looks pretty slick I'm just wondering if there are other chips that would come close.

Just picked up the Navionics HotMaps for Canada. The 2009 version is $130 at Radioworld. Saves you $20 over 2010 version where for Ontario there was no additional lakes added

14,000 CDN lakes and 700 HD with 1' contours. So far surfing around on my humminbird it looks OK.

Only drwback is that to get anything for the great lakes I gotta get another chip.

Just picked up the Navionics HotMaps for Canada. The 2009 version is $130 at Radioworld. Saves you $20 over 2010 version where for Ontario there was no additional lakes added

14,000 CDN lakes and 700 HD with 1' contours. So far surfing around on my humminbird it looks OK.

Only drwback is that to get anything for the great lakes I gotta get another chip.

Hey fang,

can you take a pic of the detail on the Hotmaps? I am looking for a card and not sure I want to spend the $250 on Navionics Gold or go with the Hotmaps. I cant seem to find too many images or comparison.

I have a buddy with both, but he cant ever remeber to show me.

I'm trying the Hotmaps regular version which has all the maps I need for what I do. The difference between that and the Premium wasn't worth it.

I am interested in seeing what the Platinum looks like though. Nipfisher, can you post some pics of the 3D and imagery it has.

One thing I don't like is that the chip is terribly slow in my unit and its running that latest firmware!

Wish Lowrance would speed the HDS' up. :wallbash:

Call Angling out fitter they have some amazing things there he was just showing me the new ones for 2010 that have 1 foot contours and his prices are about the best around and he know Lowrance like the back of his hand you will not leave dissapointed.