G-Bay Pickerel

NAW

I figured G-bay was a good bet for this weekend. My regular fishing partner Steve had to work, so I called up one of my SAR unit teammates, who was more then happy to fill the position.

Woke up at 4 am, on the water around 5:30. (should have been 5:00, but there was a long wait at Tim’s for some reason, then we watched Barrie PD arrest a drunk guy, and break up a college house party..)

I trolled an Erie Derie for about 2 hours with a few bites, but no takers. We where in anywhere from 6’ to 25’, and trolling about 3km/h.

I switched to a slow death rig, slowed down to about 1.5km/h, in 8’ to 12 FOW. 5 minutes later and there's a Pickerel in the boat!

In the next two hours, I boated 3 more. What a great day!!

The first was 15.75”; next two where both around 20”, and the last about 19”. One under the slot for the dinner table!! :thumbsup_anim:

Here's a pic of a smallie from last weekend. Sorry about the poor quality pics, they where all taken on my cell phone..

p_00413.jpg

Edited by F-is-H

This is my rig to make sure I'm in the right place, and the right speed... The Slow Death rig works best at 1 mph. Gets the worn twirling just right.

Hey.. How can I attach more the one pic per post...?? :dunno:

p_00439.jpg

Edited by F-is-H