Cumara In My Future?

JohnF

This year I've started using 7' spinning rods after nothing but 5'6" rods till now. But after a couple of days of carrying the long rod whilst wading for 3 or 4 hours I'm really starting to appreciate the weight factor.

With that in mind I made another visit to the Fishing Store and picked up a Cumara again. It feels really nice. I also liked the action, at least in the store. It's a Medium extra fast 7'2". I like the ability to flip baits sidearm with short backswing when under trees and up against banks. It feels sweet for that.

So here's the questions. I am already convinced the rod is worth the couple hundred bucks but is there anything else I should be considering before it? I want to make sure I've done my due dilgence before laying out that much for a rod. It's too much money to chuck in the corner the way I do with cheaper rejects. I'll be tossing wacky worms, tubes, light shallow and topwater lures for bass and small pike.

What's the vote? Is it a wise choice? Garry, speak up. Yer gonna have long days in the boat listening to me witch if I don't like it.

Thanks for the feedback.

JF

I didn't explain myself very well. What I'm really asking is whether or not y'all think I'll be disappointed with the extra fast action for worms 'n tubes. I was already sold on the Cumara after the last time I asked about it.

JF

Due diligence- call and talk to someone from Customer Service about the warranty program ( take names)...Hopefully you never need to use it but it doesnt hurt to know what to expect should "something" not be right or (knock on wood icon) it gets broken

wish i could tell ya more John ...but i dont own one ...good luck with your decision

i love my cumura rod, use the m for texas rigging or any sort of plastic, i bought the 6'8, regret buying the 7'2 instead. For the money its a great rod when compared to loomis or any others rods in the same price range. i have the fast action, but for tubes and such, im sure xf will do just fine

Edited by danbob

Due diligence- call and talk to someone from Customer Service about the warranty program ( take names)...Hopefully you never need to use it but it doesnt hurt to know what to expect should "something" not be right or (knock on wood icon) it gets broken

wish i could tell ya more John ...but i dont own one ...good luck with your decision

I don't buy small items for the warranty. I'll take my chances when and if I have a claim. If they screw me they screw themselves. I spend a fair amount of money on small things and when a company screws me I get even. There's a popular big box store that lost about $2,000 per year in business. I use a lot of computers and computer related stuff. That company finally made good, sort of, but the damage was already done. I'll never spend a penny there again. I know they say "Never say never" but I feel confident I meant never.

JF

Hey John check out angling outfitters Jos had them for a very good price in the spring not sure if he still does but I'm pretty sure he wasn't making any $$$ of them. I checked out the same rod and I did like the feel of it but decided to get a heavier rod instead and they had nothing in the cumara with the action I was looking for I think you will be happy with it for what you plan on using it for.

Hey John check out angling outfitters Jos had them for a very good price in the spring not sure if he still does but I'm pretty sure he wasn't making any $$$ of them. I checked out the same rod and I did like the feel of it but decided to get a heavier rod instead and they had nothing in the cumara with the action I was looking for I think you will be happy with it for what you plan on using it for.

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably get at least the same deal from Byron in the Stratford store. He works pretty closely with Jos but I want to support the local store as much as possible anyway. I like being able to get pretty much anything I need right in town and be able to ask advice at the same time.

JF

Hi John;

I have a 6'9" St.Croix Avid that I use for Senkos. It's rated Med. Light X-Fast. I haven't used the Cumara, but if you get one and don't like it, somebody here will take it off your hands.

Garry2R's

Lend......you should never lend out fishing equipment...GIVE IT TO HIM is what I was thinking.... :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah. maybe you're right. It sounds like the kind of thing Cliff would do.

JF

There's also another option John. The last 4-5 rods that I've purchased have been made by Spiel. I know, I know, sounds like spam but since you're asking....

Spiel seems to know what you want from listening to your needs/wants, species that you're after, style of fishing etc... right down to rod weight, balance, type of reel to be used with it, strength, action right down to handle shape. I'm very happy with mine, at reasonable prices and quite certain that I couldn't get the quality that I'm getting from a retailer's rod rack. Just sayin'.