where to go

tmb016

im looking for some help. every year my college buddies and i get together for an extended guys weekend. Truthfully the weekend is more about enjoying the necter of the gods and catching up but we'd also like to catch some fish. We went to lake ogascanan last year but it didnt pan out, the lake and area were beautiful, but the heat drove the fish too deep then what we were prepared for. im looking for a place in reasonable driving distance from buffalo ny, 8 hrs or less preferabally. were most likely going to go during the first two weeks of august. The less people the better, with big enough lodges to accomadate 10-12 people, and boats big enough to handle ex-offensive linemen. some of us are bigger then when we played. i appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks for your time and consideration.

tom

honestly wed like to catch anything that will bite. Most in the group are novice fishermen at best. I do alot of walleye and smallmouth fishing on lake erie and niagara river. Then spring/fall runs of steelies and salmon. thanks

google a resort called Fees Landing, it is in the Kawartha Lakes area, I think, I saw a TV show( fishful thinking) and they were fishing from there and got some good muskies. Might be worth a try.

There is a place called White Birches in Port Loring which is roughly 30 minutes short of Nippissing. They have an outpost cabin on a back lake called Long Lake accessed by boat and a short portage. It is big and can accomodate up to 13 people. I stayed there about 9 years ago but still remember it as one of my favorite fishing trips. We got some good pike and smallmouth, it has 2 propane powered fridges and freezers, stove,BBQ, propane lighting and a cold lakewater shower and toilet, and included firewood and boats and motors according to the number of guests. It is complete seclusion and may be what you are looking for although is a bit pricey. They have a website link in the camps and lodges directory on the OFC mainpage, they are listed in the Loring/Restoule area. Hope this helps and hope you find a place you enjoy. If you have any other questions about this place send me a PM.

Edited by express168