Puslinch lake

vinnimon

Just a thought but a well written letter to a local paper such as The Cambridge Times or Kitchener Record might be in order. It may get through to these idiots when their actions are publicly called into question. There was a drowning on the lake fairly recently that gained some attention and a well worded letter could be perfect for getting the point about boater safety out there.....

Puslinch lake is the largest "Kettle lake" in North America. Maybe we should start an organization to protect it by banning all gas motors. Then the water skiers will have to go somewhere else. It's even worse in the winter with guys racing snowmobiles up and down the lake.

Seriously the problem is MONEY. Those that live on the lake and the family that has run the waterskiing on the lake for 3 generations have it, and those of us who cartop canoes and kayaks there to fish, don't. If you called the cops they would probably ticket you for something instead of the guy being an idiot.

Below is a facebook group I started to try and get the Grand River Conservation Authority to consider opening the lake access they own to the public. Why do we keep getting asked for donations to a lake that we aren't welcome on? This is why I stopped fishing the lake. If the GRCA would consider a public access I would consider donating money. In fact I would even organize a fund-raiser myself.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=107233949325170#!/group.php?gid=107233949325170&v=wall

Puslinch lake is the largest "Kettle lake" in North America. Maybe we should start an organization to protect it by banning all gas motors. Then the water skiers will have to go somewhere else. It's even worse in the winter with guys racing snowmobiles up and down the lake.

Seriously the problem is MONEY. Those that live on the lake and the family that has run the waterskiing on the lake for 3 generations have it, and those of us who cartop canoes and kayaks there to fish, don't. If you called the cops they would probably ticket you for something instead of the guy being an idiot.

Yep, you said it.

And the reputation this lake has is exactly why I haven't wasted my time with it.

Puslinch, just grin and bear it. Only thing you have on the water skiers is that some of them don't use spotters. There's somethin to watch for. Tellin the cops that they're makin waves isn't gonna get much attention. It drives me nuts sometimes but its worth it.

Pull out the camera and film what they are doing. Write a letter to the instructor body who governs water ski instructors (if there is one), marina operator, and report to police. Post video on youtube. Also is there a local governing body for the home owners you could show the video to or someone in local government who takes care of the area?

Puslinch, just grin and bear it. Only thing you have on the water skiers is that some of them don't use spotters. There's somethin to watch for. Tellin the cops that they're makin waves isn't gonna get much attention. It drives me nuts sometimes but its worth it.

you know what there were no spotters on the boat(s).Thanks man!Its right in the book,stated clearly!Thank you!

Can you or anyone send me a link for this lake being a kettle lake,and what area that the GRCA owns.From what I was told and seen,all kettle lakes are protected.Correct me if Im wrong.Might be an upset to the development that occurred there.

I know in the past that there was an elite resort in that same spot where the mansions are.And on top of that their were musky in there as well,at one time.

As for the fund raiser,I beleive its to fund their own pockets!Concert,big shin ding!Ive only seen a dredger/silt cleaner for two seasons!Then disappeared!

I like going there to fish then go for a bite to eat!Then some fishing behind the restaurant,before the old one burnt down.The niciest hosts youll ever meet.Ive even fished ad was called when my diner was ready! Hows that for service!But next door!!!!!!!The oposite!

Mods can you keep this open,please!I want to talk to the grca and the mnr.If this lake is a kettle lk i would like to see some protection.No different than rockwood ca,and kettle lakes pp outside of timmins.Many others as well.

Thanks Vin

Ive emailed crystal allen at the grca in cambridge,as to where puslinch lake stands in their books.Access points/ownerships of land for access and concerns as well.Hope fully i will get a response before my next venture.Wanna catch another pickerel out of there! If it is a kettle lake,lets protect it!

Edited by vinnimon

I would like to start a petition regarding access to this lake for the general public through the grca, and to the opp for safety concerns.I am waiting on a reply from the grca so far as to where they stand.If no one has an issue,I will send the grca a link to this thread,just to show them how people feel about this particular area.including concerns for safety.

Thanks V

How be 20 or 50 of us go there at the same time & let them deal with that, I have 2 Canoes & 2 Boats, maybe have a little Tourney

Richard

Why not!A portion to go to the grca for their efforts as a gesture of our apprecition for their efforts.Main goal,open up public access to this lake.I red threw the link that jedi sent.It is a kettle lake and the largest natural lake in southern ontario.Why isnt it protected?Right there is reasonable grounds for no power boats!

Keep ontario beautiful

Lets protect what we have!

Im sure its going to be a hard sell and a long journey as well.Many I know enjoy ice fishing their and a bite/brew at the restaurant afterwards.As for the other( no names mentioned) spit on them!!!!!!!oR AS ARNOLD PUT IT,ill be baack!!!!!

And when you're approached by an "employee" of the ski school and asked for your $10 launch fee I doubt any of that money goes into the cash register. If they insist that you pay make sure that you insist that you pay in the office and watch the money go into the till. Ask for a reciept to put on your dash too. Make it an inconvenience to them.

Keep in mind that if you run a tournament you will need a place for a weigh-in station and associated activities. That means that you'll need either permission from the GRCA to run it on their property, or you will need it from a private individual, and it certainly seems that they might not want it. If you get permission from the GRCA then there is a major question - access. If there isn't any way to get into their area other than by boat that makes things difficult. The scales I have are expensive and heavy, and I would hate for something to happen to them while transporting the unit in a canoe. Given the way the other 'boaters' treat canoes the possibility of getting swamped is increased, especially if they know that we want to run a tournament.

But if you can easily access the site then I might seriously consider offering my services, I run the Gals 'n' Pals tournaments so I know what's involved.

And when you're approached by an "employee" of the ski school and asked for your $10 launch fee I doubt any of that money goes into the cash register. If they insist that you pay make sure that you insist that you pay in the office and watch the money go into the till. Ask for a reciept to put on your dash too. Make it an inconvenience to them.

FWI,on mondays the office is closed.No register receipt no payment!The sign says to go to the office!

But if you use their property and didnt pay!Tresspassing!So Pay first and get a hand written note signed and printed by the attendant!For liability sakes!

The money they receive goes where ever!When ice fishing and you uproach the laneway, they are there to collect! No Invoice!

Keep in mind,I didnt start this to shut down a family business,Its the safety fact for us joe blows that do enjoy going there!

I am waiting for a response from the grca,then I will make a venture out there again to tape it.And see what happens!Remember,Im not the only one with this concern!

Im just amazed at the amount of people that see the same Bull!

Keep in mind that if you run a tournament you will need a place for a weigh-in station and associated activities. That means that you'll need either permission from the GRCA to run it on their property, or you will need it from a private individual, and it certainly seems that they might not want it. If you get permission from the GRCA then there is a major question - access. If there isn't any way to get into their area other than by boat that makes things difficult. The scales I have are expensive and heavy, and I would hate for something to happen to them while transporting the unit in a canoe. Given the way the other 'boaters' treat canoes the possibility of getting swamped is increased, especially if they know that we want to run a tournament.

But if you can easily access the site then I might seriously consider offering my services, I run the Gals 'n' Pals tournaments so I know what's involved.

Lakeside restaurant on the lk.Can fill their house up for a meal!Ill take my girls their for dinner soon,and ask the manager for his or her input on a tourney.LikeI said ,they are very friendly when I was there last for a bite.Ive fished while waiting for my meal then called.THATS SERVICE!Now there are no fishing signs by the loading area,Dont blame them at all.But they are kind!Take 40 paces to west then its another world!!!!!!!!

I've just been poking around the GRCA web site and I can't find any evidence that they have any property bordering the lake.

Still waiting for a reply from the grca via email.

Go to the link that jedi posted,i think there is something there.Puslinch creek is tied in to the grand watershed.

On the rd side there are signs.Ill get pics to see who posted these sign before headin off to work.

I've just been poking around the GRCA web site and I can't find any evidence that they have any property bordering the lake.

If it is a kettle lake,there is some keeping the grca from it.their field office is only minutes away.They patrol mill creek!And thats half way there!

I never see the grca at puslinch nor little lake next door that does have public roadway access.Its on the side of the rd and the locals never bother anyone at all there,A 1 minute walk to puslinch lk down the laneway.