Kaberle

blaque

Didnt see the game, but what happened.....i saw the replay and watched Janssen just stroll back to his bench, dont even think anyone cruised by to say anything to him. Saw Tucker come off his Bike in the training room and out on the bench to put his 2 cents in but that was it? Was good to see White in the mix with some concern for Kaberle , and the Devils slappin their sticks on the ice when he was wheeled off. Man if i was Janssens teamates or coach , Id put him thru a wall in the Lockerroom for something so stupid. No room anymore for those in the league who dont even think twice about ending someones career. Enuffs Enuff. And this is coming from a Rival Sabres Fan. The Rivalry between us and the leafs is all good fun, when ya see a guy on the ice like Kaberle Friday, and it turns your stomach, thats no longer fun, thats just classless, and out of control, and in my eyes, criminal. And i really question letting guys like Janssen back on the ice again after displaying such intention to take someone out. Sorry , But im steamed........

and by the way, this was WAY more intentional and WAY more of a Cheap shot than Druries Hit. This wasnt even questionable. I question Torontos reaction, and why is there not an off topic thread on here already about this. ? I expected to read something about it here. I know the last one about Drury didnt make it far before it was deleted, but surely this issue can be talked about ?

I agree totally! IMO that hit was way more flagrant than Domi's elbow on Niedermier in the playoffs against Jersey a few years back...

I was really dissapointed in the lack of reaction from Kaberle's teamates when the incident occurred. You just don't let that kind of thing happen to a teamate without some kind of response.

Could be Maurice has the boys on a tight riegn in the fight for every available point they can get? Could be the rest of the team is gutless? What if Belak was on the ice or bench- he would have got beaten up as well adding insult to injury. Another year of disapointment for 'Canadas' team- striving for mediocrity!

A disgruntled Leaf fan!

The legalities of the hit not with standing, one learns very early in their hockey playing life, not to admire a pass or shot! He got clocked because he let his guard down. I just hope it doesn't make him even more timid out on the ice.

HH

As you know, your entitled to your opinion Headhunter lol. :whistling:

Glad they took it out on them on the scoreboard. (again , that would normally be hard for me to say as a sabres guy) But in this case, i couldnt be happier to see a win for the blue and white.

Domi's retired, Belak's not dressed and they couldn't persuade Roberts to come back. Maybe Gill should have sat on him. You have a team of pansies and the opposition knows it and will take advantage. It was a cheap shot but Kaberle has to pay attention and stop admiring his pretty passes. Watch how much more confident Crosby, Malkin & Staal play now that Roberts and Laroque are in their line-up. Don't blame Janssen, blame the Leafs upper management.

I dunno, i gotta disagree with some of you. I mean it was a cheap shot, cant blame the recipient of a cheap shot in my opinion. Kaberle probably saw him and said, theres no way this guy is gonna hit me, it'd be too late of a hit, so he let his guard down, and the fault was Cam hitting him way after the play. I think Kaberle had good reason to relax after the pass. Its like a quarter back in the NFL, he throws the pass and relaxes a split second after knowing that the league protects him from being lambasted into the stands a tick or two after the ball is thrown. Or a guy on teh sidelines that steps out, ya cant deck him after he runs out of bounds lol........I dunno, nobody seems to want to discuss this here so ill let it rest lol. Gets me goin though

It was a late hit and behind the play... no one saw it as it happened, which is why there was no call by the refs and no immediate reaction by the Leafs. Although they did come from behind to take the win.

Bad hit on Drury.. everyone's all over Buffalo and Coach of the year Ruff is a cancer to the league for taking care of business.

Bad hit on Kaberle.. everyone's all over TO for not sticking up for their teammate, not having tough guys on the ice, making someone pay, etc, etc.

Hit was late and a clear intent to injure. Not so much a head shot as some people think, but I mean Janssen claims he was finishing his check..... crap he was out to hurt a star player.

What does it tell you that the Devils didn't give him a shift the rest of the game.....they knew it was dirty too.

3 Games, not nearly enough, talk right now is 7-10 days for Kaberle, but it could be the rest of the season.

And for the record.....I'm a HUGE Sens fan, I HATE the Leafs with a passion.

BUT

Kaberle is a great hockey player, without question one of the best on the Leafs.....no need for what happened to him in the game.

PS. Being said I'm a Sens fan, please no comparisons to Neil's hit on Drury last week. That was a clean hit as well, not late, unfortunate result, reviewed by the league etc. and we all know the conclusion to the story.

Anyways I truly hope for a speedy recovery for Kaberle as he will be key, if the Leafs are to make the post-season.....which yes "we" all want....even the Sens fans! Believe me the only way to shut Leafs fans up for good is a series win against the Leafs enroute to a CUP.