Need Help With Pike Fishing!

LegitFish

Hey!

I will be heading up to Georgian bay in mid July and hope to try for some pike. This is the first time I've focused on pike.

Where should I be looking?

I've heard the big pike head into 40 feet of water during the summer. I was told to use live bait as it's the easiest for newbies.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Big Pike do go deep when the water gets above about 65. However there are always smaller fish in-shore looking for food. The nice thing about Pike up to about ten pounds/38 inches is they are always hungry!

If the forage is Crayfish, try jigs or Rattle Trap type lures. If the forage is minnows try spoons or Shad Rap type lures.

Spinnerbaits also catch lots of Pike. As you mentioned, live bait will work too. You can make a rig using a treble and a single hook or two trebles with blades that can be trolled or cast. The same rig without blades can be still fished...Google "Quick Strike rig."

Garry2R's

Try casting Johnson Silver minnow (weedless) with a yellow double mister-twister tail in towards rocky shoreline at any points and around islands ... you're bound to find a few hungry-toothies dont be afraid to tip the hook with a minnow... also try the old faithful ... drag a big red-white (dare-devil) or yellow-red (5 of diamonds) type spoon 3 - 5 inches ...any aggressive fish will be sure to give chase

one rod per angler on georgian bay!

if you are looking for bigger fish, embrace trolling and/or cast off shore shoals with deep water access. lots of snot rockets in close to shore.