Does Smoker Craft Build Legend boats

fishinfool

The boat that I am trying to sell had Legend on it when I bought it and now that I am selling it,

I was asked for some capacity info for the boat and I went to the capacity plate.

The plate P1010468 (Large).JPGsays that the Manufacturer is Smoker Craft out of New Paris, IN.

I am a little confused, is it a Legend or a Smoker...

Anybody??

HPIM0969 (Small).JPG

Edited by fishinfool

Legend does not make their own hulls. They purchase them from other manufactures and add their own trim. Smokercraft has supplied many of the hulls for Legend boats and continues to do so.

Well then, I guess that solves that mystery!

Thanks for the info JohnBacon.

SS

I just checked my 08 Legend and the hull was made by Starcraft :thumbsup_anim: Funny how I have never read it and I love starcraft boats.

Hey Dan

Yeah, I like Starcraft as well and I also think highly of Smoker Craft.

Our neighbor at the cottage had a small aluminum Smoker Craft

for as long as I can remember and it was a great little boat.

Maybe I should ask for more money. lol

Hey Dan

Yeah, I like Starcraft as well and I also think highly of Smoker Craft.

Our neighbor at the cottage had a small aluminum Smoker Craft

for as long as I can remember and it was a great little boat.

Maybe I should ask for more money. lol

Starcraft, Sylvan and Smoker Craft are all the same boat .... built in the same plant by the same staff.

Starcraft, Sylvan and Smoker Craft are all the same boat .... built in the same plant by the same staff.

I wouldn't say they are the same boat they may be built in the same plant but so is a corolla and a lexus RX 350. Starcraft are much nicer fit and finish than the other 2 from what I have seen but all 3 are nice boats for the money.

Hey Guys just to clear things up.

When Legend first started in the boating industry back in 84. They started with Fiberglass Hulls. Then in 1990 they had Crestliner built there hulls for them but it was a bad idea. Then in 1992 Legend had their hulls built in the Star craft Facility which was about 20 miles away from the Smoker Craft building which Smoker craft bought out Star Craft. Now you will find SmokerCraft builds Starcraft, Smoker Craft and Sylvan products out of there plant in Indiana. Legend Boats hulls are built in the same plant as SmokerCraft but we design our boats, our layouts and our specs. What's great is the warranty of our boats. Since our head office is in Sudbury, Whitefish (Duhamel & Dewar) if there was ever a hull issue or any issue with a Legend it's taken care at either the Corporate Store in Barrie or our head office.