Our Annual Big Gull Trip (pictures)

Fish Farmer

Had a great time with the boys. Three of our guys drove up from Nova Scotia. We didn't get lots of fish, but it was fun working for them. We got about 50 Walleye for the week which gave us a couple good fish fries, man are they good fresh.

Just a few pictures for your enjoyment.

72580318.jpg

This was a 2 day catch for 8 guys. Picture taken going to the filleting shack while the other boy's were on a supply run to town ;D. Biggest fish for the week was 21 1/2"

27287956.jpg

20171557.jpg

75358786.jpg

98163928.jpg

70234414.jpg

25017254.jpg

44364093.jpg

dscn0775z.jpg

dscn0762r.jpg

dscn0763t.jpg

dscn0764.jpg

dscn0765c.jpg

dscn0768.jpg

dscn0769s.jpg

dscn0770u.jpg

dscn0786a.jpg

dscn0787p.jpg

This is what we saw before heading back to the cottage every night.

dscn0788zh.jpg

This is just one of our secret spots.

dscn0790.jpg

As I said you have to work for your fish, but thats part of fishing. 1/4 to 3/8 oz jig with a night crawler was our arsenal that did the trick, plus lots of snags ;D

Hey Fish Farmer! I was out there the same weekend as you guys, I mainly stuck to the small Bay on the west side of the lake by "Cuddies" and well didnt get nearly as much fishing done as I wanted but had a great time with good friends! and well we caught a hole bunch of little pike off the dock as well out of my 14'

great post...looks like a solid time....which big gull are you on? NE of Peterborough...that one building looks like it's at the Kirk's Cover marina?

did you just target walleyes? pretty big musky roaming around in the depths there....

Yes you got it bare foot, the resort is Kirk Kove Cottages, towns close by are Kaladar & Northbrook. We've been going there for 7 years now. Owners Jim & Clare are very nice people. We don't target Muskie, season is closed. If I could go more often, I mite give them a try but I've been bitten off a few times.

Nice report Dave. Too bad the fishing wasn't better but always nice to hangout with some good friends for a few days.

You've got that right fishnsled. I'd love to do that trip 2 or 3 times a year. 1 week goes by pretty fast. Too long of a wait for next year. It's a nice lake to have a cottage on, Big Gull is 85% crown land.

Joey

Were did you stay? The marina and resort has closed up on the east end of the lake.

Wally, farmer#2 you'll be with us next year buddy :thumbsup_anim:

Great report, love the pictures. I haven't been to Gull Lake in a few years, I miss it.

Joey

Joey were did you stay. The marina and resort has closed up on the east end of the lake.

Hey Fish Farmer! I was out there the same weekend as you guys, I mainly stuck to the small Bay on the west side of the lake by "Cuddies" and well didnt get nearly as much fishing done as I wanted but had a great time with good friends! and well we caught a hole bunch of little pike off the dock as well out of my 14'

fish-meister, to bad we didn't meet up. You must have stayed on little Gull west end. You have to go through the narrows to Big Gull. Mostly Bass and Pike west end. We don't fish west Gull, we mostly fish the deeper part of the lake on the shoals. If your there again when we are, we have FRS radios we talk on between our group.

fish-meister, to bad we didn't meet up. You must have stayed on little Gull west end. You have to go through the narrows to Big Gull. Mostly Bass and Pike west end. We don't fish west Gull, we mostly fish the deeper part of the lake on the shoals. If your there again when we are, we have FRS radios we talk on between our group.

well like I said I was spending more time catching up with a few friends I dont get to see to much off, but I did take them out in the boat a few times and caught a dozen or so snot rockets. any where from 1.5' to just over 2' but next time I head up there I'll venture out on the big body for eyes

GREAT stuff Dave!!

You sure that you're not still a working man, because retired folks don't have time for this much fishing!!!

Your right Wayne. Just came home long enough to do some chores and heading out Perching tomorrow then doing a Crappie derby Sunday. Not enough days in a week. I just picked up my Spiel custom made rod. Now I've got to get him to show me how it works on Whities........ Chris I hope you read this...Hint Hint Hint.

Yeah, I'm reading it Dave. I'm only here now to take a break from lathing a cork handle and wash the cork dust out of my throat with a cold one. :D

I have just enough time between now and Lakair to finish a couple of more rods so I'm afraid Simcoe Whities are not possible.

Perhaps I'll find time to go to Big Gull next year though. ;) Looks like a lot of fun!