lake temagami report

hey guys, just got back from the temagami spring trip and let me tell you i worked my but off trying to catch those walleye.. i searched my usual spots and nothing..i asked some locals who told me fishing was tough do to the crazy weather they have been having..i can tell you it was unusual not to see one blackfly or mosquito..so i started looking at water temps and finally found them holding tight to the shore..yup still in post spawn they were..so i began to cast every shore line, shoal, fallen trees and widy points and they she was, she was empty and probaly starving...

temagamijune2010050.jpg

here is another one caught from my buddy mike who usually does well but only got one this year.. as you can see weather was awsome

temagamijune2010020.jpg

the walleye were beat up comming off of spawn as you can see the tail on this walleye..it was badly ripped from spawn

all in all i would say we did pretty well on the walleye considerin most people wer not catching them..and yes we ate them and they were GOOOD !!!

temagamijune2010019.jpg

temagamijune2010043.jpg

also found me some pike and a laker.. the laker was caught jigging in 65 feet of water.. i got 4 lakers jigging and none trolling..most people trolling this week had hard time catching lakers..even though the screen was full of them

temagamijune2010048.jpg

temagamijune2010044.jpg

got me a couple more doing the same thing.. caught 1 walleye per 200 hundred casts..did i mention it was tough fishing???

temagamijune2010016.jpg

temagamijune2010032.jpg

temagamijune2010065.jpg

all i can say is i cant wait for august...and feb ice fishing..lol