Boat Ramps per the minute

Billy Bob

That is English, except maybe das (german)

How about this 0-5 mins $5

over5 - 10 mins $10

etc.

GERMAN ! ! ! Dam I'm half German...you would think I would know that....LOL...(and i should know a lot of other stuff also)...

On the other stuff..(minutes per $)...I concur...

Granted that newbies should do some practice before attempting to launch a boat, how many with a new boat have patience to do that? They want to get it in the water asap. Instead of crabbing, why not offer some advice or even offer to get in and show them how it's done? Some will get defensive but a lot would accept help graciously and what would it cost you? Things would get done faster and smoother and a whole lot of folks would be grateful. Charge by the minute? Gimme a break! Grow a little charity.

Very well said... I have watched so many people launch their boats and as often as possible if I note they are having difficulty I will offer my help. Be it a suggestion or physically jumping in to offer assistance.

Boaters Cards are great , they teach people safety on the water but there should be a course out there on launching your boat.

It is a stressful time for beginners and not once have I had anyone grump at me. (being a woman offering to help out a grown man you would think that would happen more often but fishermen and boaters in general are a happy bunch) ...

So next time you are standing there waiting to put your boat in and you see someone having some troubles walk down and give them a hand or advice. Some people don't even think to get everything untied and set up before putting the boat in the launch... and gawd forbid, do not undo your crank before backing down a steep launch... Thats just an accident waiting to happen.

Making a bit of an effort will not only get you in the water faster it will make you feel great inside for helping out and maybe adding a new fishing friend to your life!

I think most non boaters are just so excited at the prosepect of being on the water that they leave their brain at home.

Non boaters are not the only people guilty of that!

We all have to have some patience. I too have sat there and waited and waited and waited and getting hotter and hotter and hotter under the collar. What good does it do though? NONE!

Like it says below. "Problems are just opportunities in unattractive packages." Perhaps if all of us, me included, was to look at it this way and give a helping hand bad situations could perhaps turn into good situations. Maybe a little assistance and conversation while offering it at a ramp might educate them and you just may receive some bonus dividends.

Just a thought.

Edited by pikehunter