Charleston Lake

darsky

Kelsey's marina or Lakeland lodge, both near Athens end of the lake might have rentals? The bass fishing there can be amazing. Shoals are a great place to fish. Most are marked, but there is the odd one that will pop out at you. The south end and the east have always produced fish for me.

I have very fond memories of my two trips to Charleston Lake - you are in for a treat if conditions cooperate.

Last year, in two hours, I caught 5 different species of fish and all of them were good sizes.

If you are near Gananoque, there is a town called Outlet, and they have a Tackle shop/Ice Cream Parlour/Boat Rentals/Lake Maps (probably a must, since it gets so deep in so many spots). Be sure to check it out (though locals don't love this shop, it will do you fine for a week), there was also a nearby town with a really great Bait Shop and Live Bait and Good prices. I'll see if I can come up with the town name.

Also, they stock Lake Trout in Charleston Lake, so you might want to prep for those. At the opener last season, we caught about 18 Lakers from the dock! Unreal.

It is the deepest inland lake in Ontario, so fishing opportunities are endless.

Great Bassing and alright Piking.

Good Luck

we will be staying at Charleston Heights Cottages in Lansdowne. Thanks for the replies

Lansdowne is the Town!!!! How lucky! Good tackle shop in Lansdowne with really friendly owners. They had big shiner minnows in when we were there last time and we hooked up on TONS of fish with them. Good priced spoons, and a knowledgeable staff. You'll be just fine.