Quick one

GBW

Hey all.

So I got to my folks place Friday to quickly throw in the dock and the tinny. After dinner the kids and I cast off the dock (perch and rocky hunting) to come up with my daughters biggest (but oss) bass of her life. It was a whole 1.5LB's or so (just a guess as it wasn't even touched and did a self release when I told her to put it back in the water).

So now we have put the kids to bed and I load up my tinny to head of to my fav. spot on the lake for some wallaye's. I put on my tried and true tested walleye lure and get all set. First cast, WHAM! I'm thinking hummm, no real fight it's got be be an eye :blink: so I get it boat side and look for the net :wallbash: I left it on the dock... But it was a mighty fine 19" eye, tasty too as we had it for lunch the next day.

So on Sat my wife and kids want to go for a boat ride, sure I say. We launch the "big" boat and off we go. The kids and I each decided it's best we bring a rod :whistling: while the Mrs was thinking of a nice boat ride... :rolleyes: As we went past my "spot" I hooked into another one at 24.5". This one went on the stringer for a slow rid back to get a pic and then let go to make more big fat eyes. All and all, not to many fish this weekend but we all had a great weekend.

Geoff

Here is the 24.5" one. Go easy on my with my cottage gear on... :mellow:

24.5 may 24 eye.JPG

Guest Johnny Bass

mmmmmmmm pickerel. I'm still lookin for my first decent sized pickerel. Your "cottage clothes" are fine. Congrats on your daughter's P.B. Lookin forward to bringing my daughters fishing too, since they have asked me to take them. Anyways, thanks for sharing.