Derby Day Walleye...

tip-up

Fished a spot that has been pretty productive during the day for walleye this season. Set-up over 30 feet of water and marked nothing for a few minutes..Caught my first few sauger around 10am and continued on trying to find roaming perch and bigger walleye....Swiss-cheesed the whole area punching holes trying to follow the fish around. It payed off..

I was able to ice 17 walleye/sauger by 3:00 and a few small pike... Walleye were in the 15''- 22'' size while the few darts were no more that 25''. I made it to the bait shop at 3:25 so my fish was disqualified. I am sure it would have takes 2nd for sure..

Glad to hear you came fist in the walleye category Nighttroller...I had a gut feeling it was you !!

I did not see any other known members out there...Could barely see my set-line at times...Few snow squals hit us during the day..

BaitshopBayFeb-9.jpg

First fish of the day...a scrappy sauger..Probably a pounder or so..

BaitshopBayFeb-2.jpg

Nice little walleye...Kept 4 over 17'' for a snack...

BaitshopBayFeb-7.jpg

Shot of the Clam...always snap a photo of it...

BaitshopBayFeb-3.jpg

Hot hole...

BaitshopBayFeb-4.jpg

Another good walleye from the hot hole..

BaitshopBayFeb-6.jpg

On the move walter...Didn't stand a chance with the stinger hook stuck in the side of his mouth...

BaitshopBayFeb-5.jpg

It was another great day on the ice..I can't wait to get back out tomorrow..Thanks Yves for putting on another great derby and to the winners a big congrats...Can't wait to fish next years event..

Oh by the way, crappie have been on fire as well,

000_0073.jpg

-Andrew

Thanks for the report Tip-up. Your having a great season on the hard water this year. Keep the reports coming.

Mike

Trying to get as much in to make up for the short seaon Mike..So far I have not had a bad outing!