theoperatorcard.ca

I purchased a pin in order to take the test and get my operators card late last year but only recently tried to use my pin.

There is a message on their website that reads;

TIMING NOTICE

TheOperatorCard is completing system changes at this time.

The changes require regulatory approval from Transport Canada, we are waiting for this now and expect it very soon.

There will be a major spring special any day now!

This message has been there for a couple of weeks and am wondering if anyone on here has any information about when, if ever, they may be back up.

Thanks in advance.

HG

• 1 month later...

well i see the site is still not up. it's a good thing i went and registered with boaterexam.com and got my license through them. not that i've been checked yet this year but if i didn't have it yet, i would have been.

hopefully they are still around as i've got money tied up with them -- the gf could use a card too.

Edited by Raf

If they supplied everyone who wanted a card quickly and efficiently, they wouldn't be able to charge you for not having one on the water. Funny how that works :wallbash: . Park your stinkpots and pick up a paddle, we don't need no stinkin' operators cards.

LOL Polliwogg.. there's nothing "conforming to protocol" either... with the cute gal from Boaters card, at Canadian Tire, handing you a test form and letting you tick the boxes over and over again until you pass.. pay and then get your card from them. Hell.. they'll even help you with the answers just to sell you a card.

The guys posting above have been burned for their hard earned money by theoperatorcard.ca and then had to spend the same amount again with boaterexam. Again online.. and Bob's on the radio every day stating "don't take the chance of a fine... get your card today online". The whole thing's a crock...

Edited by irishfield

according to gov website

Notice of suspension: TheOperatorCard.ca cannot administer an accredited test until further notice as they have failed to demonstrate that they meet all the requirements applicable to the administration of tests according to the Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations.

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/4/pcoc-ccep/cpl.aspx?lang=e (scroll down to operatorcard.ca)