Holy wormy perch Batman!

tb4me

Was up to the Trent this past weekend..Caught some night time walleye. a nice pike and a crap load of perch.We cut into the first perch and it was full of worms. Wow! Needless to say all the other perch I was going to fry up were live released..Is this normal for this time if the year? sucks really..

I'm not to fond of the Walleye there also.

tomor.jpg

This disease is found in Walleye throughout the Greatlakes not just Quinte.I've caught wormy perch through the ice.Lake Nosbonsing is also bad for wormy perchies not sure why,but the parasite seems to get into the population and can spread quickly

Thats NASTY!!!!

I've never seen that growth on a walleye that small. Normally I see it on the bigger guys, 7lbs plus

Oh man thats nasty looking, all the perch i get from the trent have millions of tiny black spots all over them. Nasty looking critters, esp during spring.

Its weird though cause i have caught bluegills which are squeaky clean from the same small tribs, and rock bass. But every single perch looks like an infected zombie.

I have seen tumorus growths on sheephead in the BOQ but never on a walleye, what is that ? is it cause of pollution ?

I'm not to fond of the Walleye there also.

tomor.jpg

EWWWWWWWW OMG...that's NASTY!!! :wallbash: oh god...I quit fishing now....

haha just kidding...but yea that's pretty disgusting!!! you are so brave for netting the fish and bringing it in the boat...If i were you, i would've just cut the line and say goodbye...

But yea...nice catch buddy!! lol :P

Oh man thats nasty looking, all the perch i get from the trent have millions of tiny black spots all over them. Nasty looking critters, esp during spring.

Its weird though cause i have caught bluegills which are squeaky clean from the same small tribs, and rock bass. But every single perch looks like an infected zombie.

I have seen tumorus growths on sheephead in the BOQ but never on a walleye, what is that ? is it cause of pollution ?

I know what you mean. There's a trib at Algonquin where we catch plenty of rock bass, none seem to be effected except the perch. I'm guessing it's something biological, like a perch not having a defense against the parasite.

I've seen a few Walleye with those tumors, not as many as the one in the picture, but when we caught that one it really made me think twice of eating fish from there. The 3 other guys with me said don't even touch it, we just got the lure out with the pliers and over she went. We probably should have killed it, but I just wanted it out of the boat. Was only a 3 to 4 Lb. Walleye. I talked to one MNR guy and he said it wouldn't hurt you if eaten. He said some northern lakes have the same thing, maybe not as much as that one. I can tell you I'm not that hungry.

Ok thats shocking..I have fished the trent for 2 years now and caught many walleye, never seen one like that..The perch caught were wormy inside the meat..little brown worms. Not a thing on the outside.It bothers me to no end..I love perch but I wont eat it anymore after seeing that. Please dont tell me the walleye will be next..what a bummer