Installing Boat Seats

I recently purchased a couple of seats for my Legend Prosport 14 tiller model. Wish to install them, but, not sure which mounts I want to use. Cabela's has some jon boat swivel mounts, but, a few guys tell me they slide around a bit too much...really have to clamp them down. I would like to have the swivel option regardless of the type I buy...doesn't have to be pedestal, and, I will drill if necessary.

TheLegendinside.jpg

The above picture shows the layout of the boat...looking to mount one at the front (there is a space between the seat and the very front of the boat) and the other at the back, by the motor.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

check the for sale section i have seats for sale but not trying to get you to buy them unless you want but if you look at the picture of the mounts i used they worked great and easy to take out for the winter or what ever.

I went a completely different way. There are these metal channels

that you can buy that are placed along the front of your bench seat and then there is a swivel on the bottom of the seat that interlocks with this channel. It is very sturdy and will not tip over when you lean back on the seat. It also allows you to move the seat along the bench to whatever position you want. Just tip the seat forward and you can remove it for storage without having to remove screws or nuts and bolts. They sell these setups at most marine supply stores. Bought mine just outside of Lindsay. PM me if you want more info.

Those are a lodge classic, its hilarious to watch guests pogo in rough water, especially if they are smaller.

We have 2 different versions of those mounts on our boats.

The ones in those pictures and some that have 1 1/2" pins with srings 4 or 5 times as big as the ones on the 3/4" pins. They're real pogo sticks, saves the butt and back in rough water though. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Got one like Jimmer pictured on my tiller seat and a clamp down on another. Both have swivels also. One hint, don't lubricate the runners with wd40 or a silicone spray. You'll be sliding right off the end when you hit rough water or turn. Also tie the seat down with a bungee cord when traveling to keep it from sliding out the end.