Wild Turkey recipes

HTHM

i prefer my turkey cut into strips and rolled in fishcrisp and made into chicken fingers.. with some barbaque sauce and maple suryp for dipping sauce ... legs are almost unedible unless put in a slow cooker and made into soup

The easiest for me is to beast out the bird and cut strips then marinade in Italian dressing and bbq. If you want to do the whole bird it's really tricky. I tried with my first and used a roasting bag to keep in the juices. Styffed the bird with apples and cooked to the instructions. Those instructions are for store bought birds with much more fat in the meat. I think the correct time for a wild bird is 1/2 what instructed maybe even less, so be carefull. Mine tatsed like regular turkey but had the consistency of the 3 stooges feather cakes, very dry. Don't throw the legs and thighs out either. Boil for 2+ hours until the meat falls off the bone then shred and prepare encilladas using the such

I Always Marinate Wild Turkey in Buttermilk for one day. This cleans the taste and tenderizes the meat. Then rinse and dry with paper towels.

Place turkey on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Add water, giblets and neck to pan. Combine 1-1/4 cups broth, 3/4 cup orange juice and 2 tablespoons soy sauce; pour over turkey. Combine bouillon, onion and garlic powder; sprinkle over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for a bird that size 3 1/2 hours should do it but use a meat thermometer if you got one, basting every 30 minutes. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with foil. Remove giblets and neck when tender; set aside for gravy. Combine remaining broth, orange juice and soy sauce. Remove foil from turkey; pour broth mixture over turkey. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.

For gravy, remove meat from neck and discard the bones. Chop giblets and neck meat; set aside. In a saucepan, combine 2 cups pan juices, broth, orange juice and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Stir in thyme, sugar and pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Whisk into broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in reserved giblets and neck meat. Carve turkey; serve with gravy.

I Always Marinate Wild Turkey in Buttermilk for one day. This cleans the taste and tenderizes the meat. Then rinse and dry with paper towels.

Place turkey on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Add water, giblets and neck to pan. Combine 1-1/4 cups broth, 3/4 cup orange juice and 2 tablespoons soy sauce; pour over turkey. Combine bouillon, onion and garlic powder; sprinkle over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for a bird that size 3 1/2 hours should do it but use a meat thermometer if you got one, basting every 30 minutes. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with foil. Remove giblets and neck when tender; set aside for gravy. Combine remaining broth, orange juice and soy sauce. Remove foil from turkey; pour broth mixture over turkey. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.

For gravy, remove meat from neck and discard the bones. Chop giblets and neck meat; set aside. In a saucepan, combine 2 cups pan juices, broth, orange juice and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Stir in thyme, sugar and pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Whisk into broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in reserved giblets and neck meat. Carve turkey; serve with gravy.

Boy am I glad that the dinner was cancelled till this Sunday! That sounds like a great recipe! Thank you!