Duramaxx Trolling motor

asdve23rveavwa

bow or transom mount? 38lb may be a tad weak but you cant go wrong for 100 bucks..

Transom mount. I figured the same thing, for a $100 what the heck...can always upgrade in a couple years, but, was hoping to hear from somebody who has one possibly.

Thanks!

just go buy a bowmount if ya can .you will eventually anyways, unless you will have another use for it. I think I paid $399 for my 40lb minnkota bowmount and I think the price has come down a bit since then. prolly find a good 1 used for $300 but for $100 it will do the job but they can be a pain on the transom.

Edited by SRT8

just go buy a bowmount if ya can .you will eventually anyways, unless you will have another use for it. I think I paid $399 for my 40lb minnkota bowmount and I think the price has come down a bit since then. prolly find a good 1 used for $300 but for $100 it will do the job but they can be a pain on the transom.

Much easier to pull than push the boat in the wind. If you can afford it consider a bowmount.

If your boat has some weight to it I'd consider something bigger like a 50lb.

Go for it...my 30lb Kota moves my 12' fine...a 38 should be good for a 14' bud...I would love to see somebody get 2 and put them on their transom...run them both lol...only in the south i guess lol.

I had a 45 and 30 going on my tinny at the same time :whistling:

Thanks, guys....I grabbed one first thing this morning at the CT around the corner from where I work...only one in stock (go figure!!!!!!!!!)....has a two year warranty and a spare prop. Should suffice for what I want it for...basically just puttering around near shorelines. My 15 hp Merc trolls fine.

Thanks, guys....I grabbed one first thing this morning at the CT around the corner from where I work...only one in stock (go figure!!!!!!!!!)....has a two year warranty and a spare prop. Should suffice for what I want it for...basically just puttering around near shorelines. My 15 hp Merc trolls fine.

I'm going to check my local CTC when I get off work today.

Take the head off and spin it 180*,this will allow you to go backward (pull instead of push the boat for better control) with all your forward speed options.

yeah if you do this you can mount it on the front of your boat and putt along just like any other bow-mount. Obviously not as easy without foot control, but much better for pounding the shoreline than having it mounted on the transom.

Enjoy your motor!