Great Emergency ladder for your boat. [2 pics]

Mako

I have been wanting a low profile ladder which I can access from the water encase I ever fell out and I finally found one. If anyone has tried to climb in their boat wherein a wet survival suit in freezing water with out a ladder they can attest to the fact that is almost impossible. I find it hard even in the summer wherein my trunks to easily hop in.

I stumbled on a photo on some Texas fishing board showing this eladder, did some research and found out the company. I had to order directly from them in Texas but it is exactly what I have been looking for.

It has a pin on the side which you pull out to slide the ladder down.

Thought I would share encase others are looking for this solution.

1_25_04_10_3_40_09_0.jpeg

1_25_04_10_3_40_09_1.jpeg

FBOQ_banner.jpg

If memory serves me right.. which it rarely does... Lew put one of those (or similar) on his Skeeter.

Not sure what you paid direct.. but hopefully cheaper than boaterplus at $240

http://www.boatersplus.com/r-and-r-design-inc-emergency-exit-ladder-with-bracket.html

Edited by irishfield

Cool Posting ...Thanks for kick starting my melon on that one!!!!!!!!!!

I had really never given that much thought which is very strange but hey. I have looked into it and I have decided to fab one up at work I will post pictures. On a side note for anyone wanting to find out what it would be like to go over the side take a buddy out put on your float suit tie a rope on to yourself and jump in .There use to be a saying and I think it was a commercial for some kids program KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

Famous words:

"I shall punish thy bodies because the more thou sweatest in training, the less thou bleedest in combat."

Richard Marchinko

Commander Seal Team 6

This can be adapted to life

Peace

Pete

Great post. That ladder is a life saver, literally.

We were filming a show one time and I set the hook off balance and fell right off the deck off the bass boat into a huge slop mat in 5 ft of water. Took 2 guys to get me back in, if I was alone, not sure I could of.

Edited by Harrison

That is the same one I bought irishfield. And with the exchange rate, shipping & a small customs charge it was at my door for $244.67

Pricey for 8 pounds of metal but I was tired of looking and would be kicking my self if this year I flopped over and was hanging off my transom freezing my nads off. :blink:

Here is the website:

http://www.rnrd.com/

Cheers,

Aron

FBOQ_banner.jpg