new fishing regs for zone 17

purekgw

Was looking through new reg book and noticed that they have changed the slot sizing again (good thing i picked up a book). We go up every year for walleye opener, and usually have a little contest for biggest fish but with the new regs is it the end of it? we usually end up letting the big fish go but now can we even put it in live well?

Guest gbfisher

NO you cannot put it in your live well.

they must be released immediately.

but you can take a picture of it with a tape measure behind it...... :D

"biggest fish wins"!!!!!

game on.

The parts in the regs about pictures and releasing fish are just suggestions they are not regulations. You can still get fined for not releasing fish "immediately" by measuring it.

Take your chances by interpreting the way you wish. Either way it's Bull unless you know your rights. Not sure how you are supposed to release a fish immediately that is in a slot with out measuring myself. So you risk a fine the way I see it and I couldn't get a straight answer on this when I inquired. :good:

The parts in the regs about pictures and releasing fish are just suggestions they are not regulations. You can still get fined for not releasing fish "immediately" by measuring it.

Take your chances by interpreting the way you wish. Either way it's Bull unless you know your rights. Not sure how you are supposed to release a fish immediately that is in a slot with out measuring myself. So you risk a fine the way I see it and I couldn't get a straight answer on this when I inquired. :good:

Gbfisher, thanks for inquiring with MNR. At least now they know there is some ambiguity in their language.

when i get a good size fish i will put it in the live well to unhook the fish i find it a lot easier then trying to do it over the side of the boat, but i dont think that would be wrong would it? Its a bit of a gray area isnt it

You can still get fined for not releasing fish "immediately" by measuring it.

Wherever you got it from, your info is garbage. If you were to get fined for measuring a fish to check if it is a fish that needs to be released it would last a nanosecond in court.

Out of season fish are to be released immediately.

Edited by kickingfrog

Guest gbfisher

Wherever you got it from, your info is garbage. If you were to get fined for measuring a fish to check if it is a fish that needs to be released it would last a nanosecond in court.

Out of season fish are to be released immediately.

Garbage? :rofl2: funny how some completely miss the obviouse point here. :lol:

Money, time...all wasted because you had to go to court and defend yourself. :good:

Garbage? :rofl2: funny how some completely miss the obviouse point here. :lol:

Money, time...all wasted because you had to go to court and defend yourself. :good:

How would you even know if it is a legal fish or not if you don't take the time to measure it? I must be missing something but even the MNR would have to measure it to see if it is a keeper or not.

Guest gbfisher

And my point was that I was too polite to say what I truly thought of the value of your first statement.

Maybe you should give the MNR a call and tell them how you really feel....Dont hold back on my account... :lol: What I said didn't come out of my :asshat: but your feelings about what was said are funny to say the least. :rofl2:

Guest gbfisher

Just play it safe and quit fishing. Maybe pickup knitting or something. :whistling:

I had a picture somehwere of me doing exactly that....knitting on the side of a river instead of fishing. :rofl2: I'll look for it..

Edited by gbfisher

I had a picture somehwere of me doing exactly that....knitting on the side of a river instead of fishing. :rofl2: I'll look for it..

lolol. I should toss one of my wife's unfinished knitting projects into my tackle bag and use it for my next skunk report :P

Maybe you should give the MNR a call and tell them how you really feel....Dont hold back on my account... :lol: What I said didn't come out of my :asshat: but your feelings about what was said are funny to say the least. :rofl2:

I think you're a friggin' moron (I've always wondered what "friggin' moron" would come out as through the censor and know I'll know.)

If you truly believe the MNR will give you a fine for measuring a potential slot fish during the open season then you and the ticket giver are friggin' morons.

I have no trouble speaking my mind, of course that's probably because I have one.

Have a great day, I'm going fishin'. :Gonefishing:

What the hell is your problem? GB made a post based on past experience (more than yours).

If anyone looks like a moron, it's you.

I think you're a friggin' moron (I've always wondered what "friggin' moron" would come out as through the censor and know I'll know.)

If you truly believe the MNR will give you a fine for measuring a potential slot fish during the open season then you and the ticket giver are friggin' morons.

I have no trouble speaking my mind, of course that's probably because I have one.

Have a great day, I'm going fishin'. :Gonefishing: